GDT: Avs @ Ducks | January 31st, 8:00 MT | Countdown to the Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
We don't have a new pro scout. :laugh: Do you consider 25 years ago new? There might be that guy in Europe but no, the staff is the exact same as it ever was.

No I believe you're referring to Brad Smith? He has been with the organization for 25 years which is too long but I believe this year is his first as head of pro-scouting or director or whatever accordign to the Avs profile anyways of him: https://www.nhl.com/avalanche/team/brad-smith

I dunno it's very confusing I dunno who does what. I still can't tell if Army or Bednar is running the PP. People say it's Army but during breaks I always see Bednar drawing up plays for the PP on the board or talking to the unit.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Seeing Blake Comeau just watching Goloubef get punched repeatedly in the back of the head while he's laying face down on the ice, and just slowly skating over and doing nothing, is pretty telling of the veteran leadership on this team.

How he can play a gritty complimentary winger role, and only have three fights in ten years against non fighters, is beyond me.

A 39 year old Jarome Iginla and Tyson Barrie seemed to be the only ones that cared their teammates were getting run, and punched, and their goaltender's legs chopped out from under him, which could have blown out his knee.

Winning these games means nothing. Stick up for each other for christ sake. Act like you give a ****.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
This season is gonna leave a deep scar on this team unless they quickly fix the mess and start winning, otherwise no one is gonna forget this horrible season. I mean I've been following sports all my life and I don't remember the last time I've seen a professional team be this bad. Just awful, and I wish I was never a fan of this team, it has actually come to that.

They should of at least made it little bit respectful and been there with the Yotes or something. The worst part is that I just can't wrap my mind around how they gonna fix this team, it almost seems impossible at this time with the management they have in charge.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
“Like every other game, we don’t really score much and (Anaheim) is one of the best defensive teams. Just par for the course,†Avs center Nathan MacKinnon said. “It’s obviously tough to find positives.â€

The entire team has checked out. We will be seeing a lot more of these comments as the season comes to its thankful conclusion, but until then it'll be depression in that dressing room.

That's the kind of room where on game days there likely is no music playing, guys just have their own personal head sets on and nobody really looking forward to the game. Just show up, try not to get hurt, make it look like you're putting in somewhat of an effort, and move on to the next game.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
If there's a positive here, it's that it's seemingly always Rants, Zads and MacK on the ice when they do score.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
This season is gonna leave a deep scar on this team unless they quickly fix the mess and start winning, otherwise no one is gonna forget this horrible season. I mean I've been following sports all my life and I don't remember the last time I've seen a professional team be this bad. Just awful, and I wish I was never a fan of this team, it has actually come to that.

They should of at least made it little bit respectful and been there with the Yotes or something. The worst part is that I just can't wrap my mind around how they gonna fix this team, it almost seems impossible at this time with the management they have in charge.

Mate, you know what the positives are to that though?

One, we are all in this together, and it "should" galvanize the community and fanbase.

Two, the time when it does actually turn, will be oh so sweeter. The people that jumped ship when we were down will miss out, and I'll have no sympathy for them.

Stick with it. I was a fsn of Quebec, and trust me, at times it was actually like this. New Avs fans wouldn't appreciate that.

Through drafting / trading / lack of salary cap the club turned it around to the powerhouse that was the early Avs.

I know it's tough mate, but stay strong. We are Avs fans, and I'm proud of that regardless of result. The fact you are here disappointed and frustrated shows what a loyal and passionate fan you are. This is when the club needs us all most.

The main thing we need as a community is empathy right now - all round.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I bailed after the second period. Matt Duchene was the best player on the ice during the first two IMO.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I bailed after the second period. Matt Duchene was the best player on the ice during the first two IMO.

He was the best player throughout the game.

Anyway, this team is an abomination outside of a handful of guys. I can't stand the way Iginla, Beauchemin, Comeau, Mitchell, Grigorenko, JC, Soderberg and Gelinas are playing. Lazy bums the whole lot of them. There's no fight in this team, no spirit, no nothing. Other teams when they sucked at least had guys playing hard, while we have three lines of passengers up front and a woefully untalented backend outside of Z and Tyson.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Looks like it was a good thing I elected to sleep instead of watching this. Glad to hear Dutchy is playing better though, must have been really sick before the ASG instead of mailing it in.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
He was the best player throughout the game.

Anyway, this team is an abomination outside of a handful of guys. I can't stand the way Iginla, Beauchemin, Comeau, Mitchell, Grigorenko, JC, Soderberg and Gelinas are playing. Lazy bums the whole lot of them. There's no fight in this team, no spirit, no nothing. Other teams when they sucked at least had guys playing hard, while we have three lines of passengers up front and a woefully untalented backend outside of Z and Tyson.

I don't get it either, as a lot of those guys are fighting for their NHL careers. Some of them will probably not be in the NHL after they leave this team.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I don't get it either, as a lot of those guys are fighting for their NHL careers. Some of them will probably not be in the NHL after they leave this team.

Something is broken beyond repair in that locker-room. Of the guys I listed I really hope none returns next years, as unrealistic as that sounds.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Something is broken beyond repair in that locker-room. Of the guys I listed I really hope none returns next years, as unrealistic as that sounds.

Yeah there is a possibility that only Mitchell, Iginla, Martinsen, and Gelinas are gone lol. That is SAF.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I don't think Duchene was all that good last night but he didn't have any help from his linemates. Landeskog was brutal, lots of turnovers from him.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Gotta wonder if Landy is hurt. I don't think he's ever been that good, but the last year and a half or so he's been trainwreck bad. I still think there is something behind the rumors of the team not happy with him in his captaincy to this point.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I bailed after the second period.

Same here. I try as much as I can to watch this team, but I'm losing the will to stick it out. Not only is this team bad, they are a complete bore.

I understand Bednar and Soda are not seeing eye-to-eye, and there is something else going on... but less than 8 minutes?!

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Same here. I try as much as I can to watch this team, but I'm losing the will to stick it out. Not only is this team bad, they are a complete bore.

I understand Bednar and Soda are not seeing eye-to-eye, and there is something else going on... but less than 8 minutes?!

Sounds like a lot of us hard cores are doing this...

I left about half way through the second period, and turned on the season premier of Black Sails.

It's just so hard to watch right now since there isn't a youth movement (yet?), and the players we are tired of seeing make mistakes are getting huge amounts of ice time game after game.

For most of the game I felt like I was watching nothing but our scrubs take the ice between 5v5 and the power play group they are putting out.

FB - 23:42 & 3:51 on the power play
Comeau - 16:31 & 3:43 on the power play

Goloubef with a full minute more ice time than Zadorov

If they don't stop this crap the nano second that Gelinas, Golo, etc have enough games for expansion, and start bringing guys up I'm not sure how much longer I will even bother to watch.

I want to see Compher, Greer, Zadorov, and Bigras getting experience for next season.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I'm not worried about the youth movement right now (it will happen after the deadline) since the Avs are trying to showcase players for trades, but this team is just so damn boring to watch. No offensive pressure, nothing off the rush, no passion... just a bunch of players going through the motions.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm not worried about the youth movement right now (it will happen after the deadline) since the Avs are trying to showcase players for trades, but this team is just so damn boring to watch. No offensive pressure, nothing off the rush, no passion... just a bunch of players going through the motions.

I hope you are right, because watching them play some of these guys the minutes they are getting is infuriating. I also don't have a lot of faith that there is a market for some of these players.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV

If Bednar is clashing this much with players and the results from high end players is worst can he really be a good coach to have around here? Have any players excelled under him?

I know Mack said some good things about him at the ASG, but he is either in over his head or is going to burn out players that have skills and make this team worst in the long run.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I hope you are right, because watching them play some of these guys the minutes they are getting is infuriating. I also don't have a lot of faith that there is a market for some of these players.

Some of the players actually have to play minutes for a team to evaluate them. Take somebody like Colborne... a team can't evaluate him while being scratched or playing 7-8 minutes. Elevate him to ~13 he has seen lately, then the teams looking at him can see if they want to work a deal.

The only sure names I think are out are Iggy and Tyutin. I'd put a high probably on Duchene as well. Beyond them, I don't think anybody is a sure thing.

If Bednar is clashing this much with players and the results from high end players is worst can he really be a good coach to have around here? Have any players excelled under him?

I know Mack said some good things about him at the ASG, but he is either in over his head or is going to burn out players that have skills and make this team worst in the long run.

I don't think it is realistic that Bednar is let go over the summer. I do think he has been a disaster and he has shown he can't work with a number of NHL players, and that isn't a good sign. My hope is that he evaluates himself and adjusts over the summer. If that doesn't work early in the season, I hope management has enough fortitude to cut bait after 15-20 games.

No player will speak bad about their current coach publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad