GDT: Avs @ Ducks | January 31st, 8:00 MT | Countdown to the Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Some of the players actually have to play minutes for a team to evaluate them. Take somebody like Colborne... a team can't evaluate him while being scratched or playing 7-8 minutes. Elevate him to ~13 he has seen lately, then the teams looking at him can see if they want to work a deal.

The only sure names I think are out are Iggy and Tyutin. I'd put a high probably on Duchene as well. Beyond them, I don't think anybody is a sure thing.

It's going to be a long month

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Gotta wonder if Landy is hurt. I don't think he's ever been that good, but the last year and a half or so he's been trainwreck bad. I still think there is something behind the rumors of the team not happy with him in his captaincy to this point.

I cant wait for the day when we no longer have to wonder this to be honest :laugh:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Mate, you know what the positives are to that though?

One, we are all in this together, and it "should" galvanize the community and fanbase.

Two, the time when it does actually turn, will be oh so sweeter. The people that jumped ship when we were down will miss out, and I'll have no sympathy for them.

Stick with it. I was a fsn of Quebec, and trust me, at times it was actually like this. New Avs fans wouldn't appreciate that.

Through drafting / trading / lack of salary cap the club turned it around to the powerhouse that was the early Avs.

I know it's tough mate, but stay strong. We are Avs fans, and I'm proud of that regardless of result. The fact you are here disappointed and frustrated shows what a loyal and passionate fan you are. This is when the club needs us all most.

The main thing we need as a community is empathy right now - all round.

You're right, i'm just worried more about the future than the present. This season is long done we all know that, i'm just trying to think how are they gonna fix this, and can't figure out.

The problem is, it's not one or two or three things that are wrong with this team, it's a lot of things.

The core is not good enough, who they trade, who they keep

The defense as always will be a huge hill to climb trying to improve it, like it has been for a long time.

How do they get rid of the old useless vets like Iginla, Beauchemin etc..

How do they fix the 3rd 4th lines, get rid of players like Colborne

Who's gonna be the #1 goalie, because Varly is pretty much done.

Is the coaching good, i mean it's hard to tell if part of this mess is caused by the new coaching staff or not, is Bednar a problem or not

Will Sakic make any good moves trying to fix the mess. I have my doubts as i stated many times.

This is just gonna be a very long process. New management and new rebuild is the only way i see this team improving. There is just no other way.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I cant wait for the day when we no longer have to wonder this to be honest :laugh:

Yeah it's getting old, and I'm getting tired of defending him. Honestly there isn't really much reason to defend any player on this team aside from Zadorov and Mikko learning through their mistakes.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I don't think he's hurt. He will still show up for the occasional period here and there which is worse because it shows an issue with effort. If he was hurt then he'd be playing like that game in and game out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad