Rumor: Avs considering Tatar as circle back option [Mod Warning in OP]

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
One series is not a career. That’s his norm and why Avs fans value him.

Again, don’t reply instead of whining if you actively don’t care as much as you claim

If that was his career, he wouldn't be trade proposals originating from Avs fans, there wouldn't be Avs fans that thought he would be exposed in the expansion draft and there wouldn't be Avs fans saying he's inconsistent and and in Bednar's doghouse.

A physical D-man who normally completely turns the other team's best player (like Tkachuk) into a non-factor doesn't play 18 minutes a night and would be locked long term by now. There are seasons where a player like that doesn't exist in the NHL.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
And that is the opinion of one fan.

You're also the one who asked why Z shows up in proposals more than our "multitude of PMD". If you had Makar, Girard, Byram, would they be showing up in trade proposals? We think Z is a Unicorn. Him showing up in trade proposals doesn't indicate he isn't a unicorn. Barrie showing up in lots of proposals last year, didn't mean he wasn't a valuable piece that returned a very good player.

If I had Makar, Girard and Byram AND Z was the unicorn that has been suggested, you absolutely move one of Makar, Girard or Byram before him. Without a shadow of a doubt. There are diminishing returns on having too many PMD, you'll get an incredible package or a high-end player and still be set from a PMD perspective.

I just don't think Zadorov is as much of a unicorn as some are arguing.

Reactions: Perratrooper

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
If I had Makar, Girard and Byram AND Z was the unicorn that has been suggested, you absolutely move one of Makar, Girard or Byram before him. Without a shadow of a doubt. There are diminishing returns on having too many PMD, you'll get an incredible package or a high-end player and still be set from a PMD perspective.

It's true. He can be very good. He's a unicorn part of the time and a donkey the larger part of the time. I really don't want to trade him still but that is mostly for the entertainment value he brings.

Reactions: Captain Mountain

Emell

Oct 11, 2015
If that was his career, he wouldn't be in so many trade proposals originating from Avs fans, there wouldn't be Avs fans that thought he would be exposed in the expansion draft and there wouldn't be Avs fans saying he's inconsistent and and in Bednar's doghouse.

A physical D-man who normally completely turns the other team's best player (like Tkachuk) into a non-factor doesn't play 18 minutes a night and would be locked long term by now. There are seasons where a player like that doesn't exist in the NHL.
Or maybe the world doesn’t exist in the black/white extremes you’ve proposed it has to?

Emell

Oct 11, 2015
You said that it was the norm, not me.
And it is.

You’re the one who tried to turn that into a requirement of it happening every game.

Honestly you should drop the obvious disingenuous, confrontational, and condescending approach. You’re just going to start arguments (assuming that’s not your intentions)

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

Perfect Size Queen bait though.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
And it is.

You’re the one who tried to turn that into a requirement of it happening every game.

Honestly you should drop the obvious disingenuous, confrontational, and condescending approach. You’re just going to start arguments (assuming that’s not your intentions)

Saying a player normally shuts down the other team's best player and is inconsistent is a pretty interesting tightrope walk.

And you've attacked me in almost every response on here.

I am perfectly happy to leave it at Colorado likes Zadorov, but Montreal likely doesn't value him all that highly.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

That is why we moved Tyson Barrie. Byram/Girard/Makar are more two-way dmen than Barrie; Sakic drafted Byram fully knowing that he fits with Girard/Makar. This is not a goalie situation.

Anyways, it depends on what you think a Unicorn is. I think Z is a unicorn for being unique, difficult to replace. Z is one of the biggest players in the NHL, one of the best skaters at that size and is incredibly physical. He fits a specific role that can impact a specific series. He is not consistent enough to be better than our PMD studs, I agree there. If he was, he'd be signed long term right now for sure. I did say that its difficult to compare defensive D, Chiraot vs. Z, so lets leave it at that.

The Avs fan base in general, is not eagerly trying to trade him, but there are some who are still fasincated by the prospect of Drouin-Mack connection.

Reactions: Captain Mountain

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Look at this guy.

Who wouldn’t want him and his girl on their team?

CvkPA76UsAEfd9Y.jpg

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Emell

Oct 11, 2015
Saying a player normally shuts down the other team's best player and is inconsistent is a pretty interesting tightrope walk.

And you've attacked me in almost every response on here.

I am perfectly happy to leave it at Colorado likes Zadorov, but Montreal likely doesn't value him all that highly.
Aka, a world where apparently only extremes exists.

Claiming I’ve attacked you just seems to support the idea that you can only deal in extremes

At this point you just seem to be grasping at excuses to reject any information you don’t want to hear. Very much the opposite of discussion and debate

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
If Colorado gets Kreider, could they still get Tatar as well?

They could because they have a ton of assets but why would they?

They already have Rantanen, Landeskog and Burakovsky who are better or at least on a similar level as Tatar/Kreider. They also have Nichushkin (who has been a complete beast certainly worthy of a top6 or top9 role atleast and Donskoi who is having a pretty damn good season as well. Add Calvert who is a beast and probably too good for a 4th line role as well.

I don't even personally believe that getting a top6 winger is a huge need (given that we are already among the best offensive teams in the league) but Sakic according to the media thinks otherwise. But if he gets one, I really don't see him trading or another one...

Reactions: JuJu Mobb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad