Rumor: Avs considering Tatar as circle back option [Mod Warning in OP]

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
You make it sound like Chiarot isn't a physical presence and doesn't have a history of shutting guys down defensively. They are incredibly comparable.

1) Both are physical D that aren't slow.

2) Both can shut down and shadow players.

3) Both tend to get outshot, outattempted and outscored when they're on the ice.

4) Both aren't all that consistent.

Given Zadorov's contract status, and the expansion draft, I'm failing to see why he'd have all that much value to Montreal relative to Chiarot. As for the rest of the league, I don't see why that matters in this context.

Expansion draft? I don't see the relevance.

Value league wide matters because if both were on the trade market; I think Zadorov gets more based on age and physical upside. Zad is inconsistent but his peak was dominant (ask Johnny Hockey/thachek)

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Expansion draft? I don't see the relevance.

If the Expansion draft would be a reason for Colorado to move Zadorov (per the post I was responding to), then it would be a reason for Montreal to not move him. Odds are Montreal exposes Chiarot in the expansion draft anyways, they'd likely need to that for Zadorov too.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
If the Expansion draft would be a reason for Colorado to move Zadorov (per the post I was responding to), then it would be a reason for Montreal to not move him. Odds are Montreal exposes Chiarot in the expansion draft anyways, they'd likely need to that for Zadorov too.

Avs are gonna lose a good player in the expansion draft no matter what. If Zad is taken; it saves one of our really good forwards. So imo; the Avs shouldn't trade Zad at all; I doubt an expansion team sees upside in taking Chairot.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Chiarot is a physical dude but to say Zadorov is merely a 'physical' player and comparable to Chiarot in this aspect is way shortselling what he can do. He's a terror for forecheckers when he's on his game. Injures multiple players a season on perfectly clean open ice hits.

Cool. His actual impact on the results of the game isn't all that different though. And injuring players isn't a positive.

I also always come back to this thought. If Zadorov was such a valuable unicorn of a player, why on earth would the Avs and Avs fans want to get rid of him instead of one of their multitude of PMD?

Avs are gonna lose a good player in the expansion draft no matter what. If Zad is taken; it saves one of our really good forwards. So imo; the Avs shouldn't trade Zad at all; I doubt an expansion team sees upside in taking Chairot.

That sounds like a selling point to Montreal keeping Chiarot over Zadorov.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Cool. His actual impact on the results of the game isn't all that different though. And injuring players isn't a positive.

I also always come back to this thought. If Zadorov was such a valuable unicorn of a player, why on earth would the Avs and Avs fans want to get rid of him instead of one of their multitude of PMD?

Why on earth would we trade our multude of stud PMD (Girard, Makar, Byram, to a lesser extent Timmins)? We are happy with how our team is and do not want to trade any of them including Zad. Just leave our team alone, thanks.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

You can keep your players. I'm okay with that.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

Who would we get rid of instead? Girard? He’s better and signed long term. Byram and Makar are off the table for what should be obvious reasons. If anyone wants EJ, Cole, or Graves, I’d definitely listen in the offseason. We kinda need those guys this year. Zadorov(or Graves but Bednar seems to like Graves better) is just the odd man out.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Why on earth would we trade our multude of stud PMD (Girard, Makar, Byram, to a lesser extent Timmins)? We are happy with how our team is and do not want to trade any of them including Zad. Just leave our team alone, thanks.

Dude, that was my argument from the beginning, not sure what point you're trying to make. I wasn't even saying that in response to you.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Who would we get rid of instead? Girard? He’s better and signed long term. Byram and Makar are off the table for what should be obvious reasons. If anyone wants EJ, Cole, or Graves, I’d definitely listen in the offseason. We kinda need those guys this year. Zadorov(or Graves but Bednar seems to like Graves better) is just the odd man out.

My point is, enough with the Zadorov prosposals.

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Emell

Oct 11, 2015

His point being that he creates a physical and fear element to the that the Avs would surely miss if he left

Last playoffs he basically turned Tkachuk on the Flames into a non factor after a big hit early in the series

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
To be fair, Drouin was acquired for stud D prospect (Sergachev, 9th OA pick) + conditional 2nd. I don't think Drouin's value is less than it was, so the only way to pry him away IMO would be for a stud D prospect...

You see where I'm going, so we'll stop here. ;)

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
His point being that he creates a physical and fear element to the that the Avs would surely miss if he left

Last playoffs he basically turned Tkachuk on the Flames into a non factor after a big hit early in the series

Cool, enough with the Zadorov proposals then.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Dude, that was my argument from the beginning, not sure what point you're trying to make. I wasn't even saying that in response to you.

I was just defending Z. There is no indication that our team or fan base wants to trade him or any of our roster players/top prospects.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Or just don’t reply to conversations including them?

Whining about it achieves nothing.

I responded to one proposal asking for opinions and another post trying to expand on another response to the proposal. And you didn't have to respond either.

My point is that Zadorov is not the only physical D-man in the NHL and one series does not mean a career. I get that Zadorov is big and strong.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Cool, enough with the Zadorov proposals then.

Even when we are happy with our team, there will always be a player that is performing less relative to others. Dont use that as indication that Z is a poor player or doesn't have value. We can honestly say we don't need to make moves. Can you say the same about the Habs?

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
To be fair, Drouin was acquired for stud D prospect (Sergachev, 9th OA pick) + conditional 2nd. I don't think Drouin's value is less than it was, so the only way to pry him away IMO would be for a stud D prospect...

It’s definitely less now that it was. At that point, there was still hope he had another gear. That’s pretty much gone now. Nobody is paying for his potential anymore.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

Do you actually believe the words you type?

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
I was just defending Z. There is no indication that our team or fan base wants to trade him or any of our roster players/top prospects.

I was literally responding in connection to a proposal that had Zadorov in it made by an Avs fan. I don't care beyond that.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Do you actually believe the words you type?
Guy was unreal at the begining of the season before getting injured and losing almost 3 months after a wrist surgery. I'd say he's easily the most talented player on that Habs roster.

I think you're sorely mistaken if you think a late first and Tyson Jost would get you Jonathan Drouin (see the offer above). Anyways, he won't be traded, it's moot point.

Tatar might, and that is the point of this thread.

Emell

Oct 11, 2015
I responded to one proposal asking for opinions and another post trying to expand on another response to the proposal. And you didn't have to respond either.

My point is that Zadorov is not the only physical D-man in the NHL and one series does not mean a career. I get that Zadorov is big and strong.
One series is not a career. That’s his norm and why Avs fans value him.

Again, don’t reply instead of whining if you actively don’t care as much as you claim

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I was literally responding in connection to a proposal that had Zadorov in it made by an Avs fan. I don't care beyond that.

And that is the opinion of one fan.

You're also the one who asked why Z shows up in proposals more than our "multitude of PMD". If you had Makar, Girard, Byram, would they be showing up in trade proposals? We think Z is a Unicorn. Him showing up in trade proposals doesn't indicate he isn't a unicorn. Barrie showing up in lots of proposals last year, didn't mean he wasn't a valuable piece that returned a very good player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad