Claimed off Waivers: Avs claim Barberio from Habs

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Sakic immediately puts him on the trade block for a good young defensive prospect and a 2nd round pick. :sarcasm:

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Barberio is certainly not a big lost for us but helped us a lot when half the club was injured. That said, We have a clear top 7 and he was 8th on the hierarchy. I wish him good luck in the future.

At least, Barberio comes from a realy good defense system. He should gives great inputs to avs managers

I feel bad for Eric Gélinas… being waived for Barberio…. Tough moment for the ego

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
But all I hear is that he's a good possession player

Noldo

May 28, 2007
Nesterov pushed Barberio out of Tampa, now he just pushed him out of Montreal. Poor Mark. Good luck with the Avs!

If Nesterov is thrown in in a deal for Duchene and Barbeiro ends up in waivers, should we start to suspect something?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Like others have said, Barberio is a really good skater. He can skate the puck out if given room. His outlet pass is good if given time. It's when he doesn't have room or time that issues arise. He tends to have brain farts with the puck because he sucks under pressure.

He's really inconsistent. He can play a really great game one game and then you have: :facepalm: in another.

Good luck to him.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It was 650k, and if demoted all of his salary would have been buried because it's less than the 750k cap. The benefit is that it's a contract off the books. That gives Berg flexibility going forward.

All the best to Mark.

Well, you totally misread my post.

Even if it's just ~1 000 000$ (this year + next), money is money
I was talking about REAL MONEY and his contract also has another year left...

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Avs need more mobile d. He's a more mobile d. It's worth a shot. You don't expect guys off waivers to change the direction of your team, and just because you suck doesn't mean you stop trying to get better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad