Claimed off Waivers: Avs claim Barberio from Habs

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
1iu6o4.jpg

Avs44

May 16, 2011
If he plays 13 games or something like that I believe he'll fulfil the expansion draft requirements for exposure.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Good puck-mover and possession player, limited offence, weak on the body and is good for a couple of hilariously bad miscues a game.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
With all the moves the Avs are probably going to make in the next couple of days they will need bodies and not just picks/prospects.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
With all the moves the Avs are probably going to make in the next couple of days they will need bodies and not just picks/prospects.

If he plays 13 games or something like that I believe he'll fulfil the expansion draft requirements for exposure.

It's a bit of both. The Avs need an expansion dman they can expose. Barberio is already signed for next season, so this means they don't need to sign one of the depth dmen they already have to fulfill that requirement.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
If you are Vegas...do you really want to pick a D-man from Colorado?????:amazed:

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
He was a nice surprise out of camp last year, downright bad most of this year.

He can move the puck okay. Bad in his own end. Shouldn't be more than a #7. But I assume the Avs are more interested in him as an expansion chip than a scouting report.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
If you are Vegas...do you really want to pick a D-man from Colorado?????:amazed:

It's not about who Vegas wants to pick, every team needs to be able to meet the expansion draft, player exposure demands. The Avs didn't have any dmen signed, that they would expose, for next season. Now they have Barberio, and they won't get hit with any punishments once Barberio plays enough games.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
I have to assume Vegas is taking the one of varlamov or pickard we don't protect

But rules say we have to expose a defenseman under contract

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

True, though we'll call up Greer, Compher & Bigras at the very least; with the likes of Siemens & Grimaldi also very possible to get called up; so I expect it to be more AHL bodies (like they got for McCleod) that they'll want to go with picks/prospects.

There's too much clutter on the NHL to sell it all anyway, so there aren't gunna be that many more spots to fill.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He sucks. You should play him 25 mins a night and get yourselves the 1st overall pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad