Pre-Game Talk: Avs @ Blackhawks - 03.06.13 - 7 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothingman*

As a billionaire industrialist and owner of many sports teams, I was highly offended by Toews' remarks. If one of my workers was to speak up to his betters like that, he would quickly find himself working in the acid mines.

No...it would be a manure mine.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
What? ROR is one greedy effin *********.:laugh: Go look at some of our avatars at the Avs board.

The guy got paid what a team was willing to pay him. How is that greedy? I applaud a player standing up to some of these cheapskate smaller market teams that try to bully their RFA's.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
This is starting to remind of when I was a little kid in 83 and the Sox won their division by 20 games. Of course, they choked in the playoffs so hopefully the end result will be better. But the laughable lead they have opened up is similar.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
The Hawks might as well not play the game, because the "great" Adrian Dater of the Denver Post is guaranteeing a victory.

@adater
Avs are going to beat Blackhawks in regulation tomorrow. I absolutely believe this and no I haven't been drinking (much)

@adater
Avs are definitely going to end the Chicago regulation streak by Friday night at latest. It's done

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Anyone gonna make a GDT? I won't be home until like 530 tonight and it takes me a little under an hour to make the ones I've been making so I probably won't get to it today.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The guy got paid what a team was willing to pay him. How is that greedy? I applaud a player standing up to some of these cheapskate smaller market teams that try to bully their RFA's.

Our team's owner is far from cheapskate, but during a rebuild majority of salary will be cheap, which is what we are in.

ROR is a fantastic player and is part of the core, but paying a guy coming off a ELC 5.5 seems too much. Picture paying Bolland 5.5 million coming off his ELC, too much considering we are paying on potential. Only benefit is players like ROR (hardworking, hate to lose) are consistent players who reach their potential.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Our team's owner is far from cheapskate, but during a rebuild majority of salary will be cheap, which is what we are in.

ROR is a fantastic player and is part of the core, but paying a guy coming off a ELC 5.5 seems too much. Picture paying Bolland 5.5 million coming off his ELC, too much considering we are paying on potential. Only benefit is players like ROR (hardworking, hate to lose) are consistent players who reach their potential.

The Avs didn't have to pay ROR that much. If they felt he wasn't worth it, the could have let him walk and received the draft picks in return (or they could have traded him before he signed the offer sheet).

A player's value is whatever the market will bear (and in fact the terms of an RFA are such that the amount he'll be able to get is less than he would if he were a free agent).

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The Avs didn't have to pay ROR that much. If they felt he wasn't worth it, the could have let him walk and received the draft picks in return (or they could have traded him before he signed the offer sheet).

A player's value is whatever the market will bear (and in fact the terms of an RFA are such that the amount he'll be able to get is less than he would if he were a free agent).

But we all know that 1st and 3rd isn't worth an established player like ROR, especially the risk considering Flames pick and how it could be anywhere between 3rd and 17th when they get healthy again.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

Well, 2 teams thought he was worth it. And Colorado passed up a likely top 5 pick in a loaded draft to not only keep him, but pay him all that cash.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Not to mention a number of other factors could have been involved such as: would they be in the same position at the end of the season if O'Reilly was on the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad