GDT: Avoid the Hangover: Golden Knights @ Your New Jersey Devils, 5 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Ironic coming from someone that thinks Andy Greene is the best option on the left and that makes every excuse under the sun for Schneider's horrible play.

Andy Greene doesn't get anywhere near enough blame. He has gone from a respectable number 2 to hot garbage. The trio of Moore, Lovejoy and Greene are all barely 3rd pairing D-men. Moore sometimes plays above his head, but Greene and LJ are goddam awful. The combination of being unable to clear pucks from our own zone and Cory's softies & inability to play the puck is a disaster. One of our biggest issues is the fact that any decent forecheck wrecks us as Cory is incompetent at playing the puck and Greene, Lovejoy and Moore will bumble the puck and turn it over like they're AHL'ers. Greene in particular has made this a speciality of his this season.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Andy Greene doesn't get anywhere near enough blame. He has gone from a respectable number 2 to hot garbage. The trio of Moore, Lovejoy and Greene are all barely 3rd pairing D-men. Moore sometimes plays above his head, but Greene and LJ are goddam awful. The combination of being unable to clear pucks from our own zone and Cory's softies & inability to play the puck is a disaster. One of our biggest issues is the fact that any decent forecheck wrecks us as Cory is incompetent at playing the puck and Greene, Lovejoy and Moore will bumble the puck and turn it over like they're AHL'ers. Greene in particular has made this a speciality of his this season.

Greene is shit. He should be bought out in the next year. Just utter garbage. Too old and slow to make up for being too small.

And yea, the Greene Lovejoy pairing, especially when down a goal (bad coaching) makes zero sense since we saw an entire year of that shit show and how bad it was last year.

Yeaup, just a recipe for disaster.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Greene/Lovejoy played exactly two shifts together in the third, and mainly because they switched Butcher to Vatanen's pairing looking for offense.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I checked out after the second goal, because I knew this place would go nuts, I cant say we have strong goaltending with either goalie, so Shero has to either improve the goaltending situation this summer (not easy) and or improve the offense to overcome the three goals we give up every game. If we didnt have Hall, we'd be a lottery team for sure. Maybe the coaching needs a look at too.

Reactions: Bleedred and mtnet

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Everything needs a look at if we end up bombing out. While I don't think it would be disastrous to the long term plan (we're actually probably ahead of schedule overall), wasting the season Hall is having would be a travesty. We already wasted Cory's prime years. Wasting what could be a career year for Hall would be even worse.

Reactions: mtnet

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
He was always average, and will always be average... he got the Chris terarie fired bc of his lousy play and brought in his goalie coach..... which of anything is making him worse

This is just you caught up in the heat of the moment and reacting based on emotion.

Cory was not always average. That's just nonsense and you know it. He just got back from a serious injury and perhaps it's going to take him some time to get back to form. That 3rd goal was awful last night and I'll be the first to admit it, but saying he's always been average is garbage. We're in a playoff race and him being in a slump is coming at the worst possible time. To go anywhere, the Devils organization needs Cory to get back to where he once was. It has been a couple of years indeed of him not playing out of his mind(which I think has to do with the system they run) but we need that to get to where we all want to go. Cory has got to be better and I won't disagree with it at all.

The BIGGEST issue to me is the lack of 5 on 5 goal scoring. Besides Taylor Hall and that first line, there's nothing. I think the team seriously misses #90 and his zone entries. Also, I think the team has a lot of playmakers but besides Palms, who is the guy who can pot goals? Maybe Shero addresses it with trading for Hoffman or someone like that. We don't really have anyone in the pipeline who's a scorer/finisher that I can recall off the top of my head.

The hot takes and constant bashing of Cory Schenider have been borderline asinine. Be upset, but some of you need to step off the ledge and get away from the boards for a couple days, my goodness.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
We are playing ourselves out of a Top-8 right now.

No one else to blame.

If they don't find a way to start racking up points April will be meaningless.

Hynes and staff need to find a way asap

there is pretty much 0 chance that "April will be meaningless"

Your hyperbole act is SO freaking tired, Christ

Camille the Eel

Go to Kinkaid now as No. 1 until he cools off. He's the only one who's won for us lately. Ride the hot goal tender as far as you can. Don't change horses in the middle of the stream if you can help it. There's no time now to be patient with Cory. As to next year, deal with it after the season.

Hynes needs to have some guts. These are the decisions that will make or break this season.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
He was always average, and will always be average... he got the Chris terarie fired bc of his lousy play and brought in his goalie coach..... which of anything is making him worse

WHEW SPICY!!!!

You can't actually believe this and if you do, stop watching hockey.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Schneider certainly hasn’t been what we needed but he’s not helping the case literally allowing 3+ every game. I know he’s not entirely to blame, I’m not that stupid, but he’s got to be better plain and simple. Everyone except #9 needs to be better. It would be nice if the goalies stole a game this week if the scoring doesn’t come back.

Reactions: mtnet

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
good news is they still control their own destiny. not ready to jump ship just yet but the next two weeks are going to be huge.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
the problem with our slides this season is that seemingly all of the secondary scoring dries up at once

for a couple weeks there, we had Wood, Zajac, Noesen, Palmieri etc all putting up points consistently on top of Hall.

the past few games, its legit been Hall and no one else. Its hard to win when EVERYTHING dries up at once.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
i'm pissed about the losing streak and slipping away the points lead but honestly maybe i'm being foolish but i think a long road trip might actually help this team.

also keep in mind if they lose games out west the points aren't going to a team in conference (panthers canes). i think they come out of the trip above .500

i also have a sneaking feeling they win the next two games this team is very streaky and can see them go on a 5 game run

Camille the Eel

But that's when you need your goaltending to step up. Down the stretch you need to win, not lose, the 2 - 1, 3 - 2 games consistently. I just have to repeat you ride the goalie who's winning for you, whoever it is. There's no time now to be playing Cory back into shape. When you ride a guy who's winning, however he's doing it and whether you think he's best in the abstract or not, don't change horses in the middle of the stream.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Can't you see the man's utterly exhausted? Looks like Tom Hanks on that makeshift raft at the end of Cast Away.

Reactions: Bleedred

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
yeah.... @Devils Dominion you got some 'splainin to do, or do you still believe he's workin through something? i mean that seriously (not that this shot attempt thing has anything to do with your view that he's playing injured/slow, but still)

The hot takers here didn't mention I was referring to a few games ago.

Ignore their deflections

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I checked out after the second goal, because I knew this place would go nuts, I cant say we have strong goaltending with either goalie, so Shero has to either improve the goaltending situation this summer (not easy) and or improve the offense to overcome the three goals we give up every game. If we didnt have Hall, we'd be a lottery team for sure. Maybe the coaching needs a look at too.
This is why I think Kinkaid might be a victim and in danger of losing his spot after this season. His spot looks more in danger now than it did a week ago, despite being much better as of recent.

If we make the playoffs, Shero might leave it be with this tandem, but if we miss, I bet there’s a change in goal.

Reactions: The 29th Pick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad