GDT: Avoid the Hangover: Golden Knights @ Your New Jersey Devils, 5 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
That was the major difference but we are still playing not well enough.

Who upfront aside from Hall is scoring?

Simply cannot afford to keep losing in regulation.

Today vs an injury ravaged Vegas team.

Hynes scratches a skilled player but keeps Staff, Boyle and LJ in.

sitting bratt is fine.

where are the D that should get a few games in tho?

lovejoy has looked ok recently.... but if hynes wants to play the hockey politics game he should go back to the ahl. no reason santini and mueller are still on the outs.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
That was the major difference but we are still playing not well enough.

Who upfront aside from Hall is scoring?

Simply cannot afford to keep losing in regulation.

Today vs an injury ravaged Vegas team.

Hynes scratches a skilled player but keeps Staff, Boyle and LJ in.

no one. team isnt playing up to its full potential and not getting any puck luck. these are still winnable games.

the loss against carolina was much worse because their goalie actually gave them a chance to win in a game where they were outplayed and they were not opportunistic.

in these stretches good goaltending should steal a game or two.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
no one. team isnt playing up to its full potential and not getting any puck luck. these are still winnable games.

the loss against carolina was much worse because their goalie actually gave them a chance to win in a game where they were outplayed and they were not opportunistic.

in these stretches good goaltending should steal a game or two.

Why didn’t Keith steal one in Carolina then?

You are waffling because they couldn’t win for you golden boy either.

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
He turned it around. Sitting him made sense a week ago, it didn’t make sense today

they are always a step behind. doesnt matter tho he needed a rest. better late than never. butcher should be next. guess at this rate we will see him sit in two weeks

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Why didn’t Keith steal one in Carolina then?

You are waffling because they couldn’t win for you golden boy either.

he almost did. we scored one goal and they had more puck luck.

dude isnt my golden boy as much as he was an undeserved whipping boy for most of the year. and now that hes actually turned it around. people are still continuing with the same crap narrative.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
He turned it around. Sitting him made sense a week ago, it didn’t make sense today

Please. People bitch about Stafford and Boyle not producing any offense and needing to be sat for it. Turning around and bitching when another player who hasn't produced in a while gets sat is hypocrisy. Which seems to be par for the course around here.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Please. People ***** about Stafford and Boyle not producing any offense and needing to be sat for it. Turning around and *****ing when another player who hasn't produced in a while gets sat is hypocrisy. Which seems to be par for the course around here.

Expect he was one of the only goal scorers in Carolina.

He brought his game back, the time to sit him had passed.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
they all deserve to be sat for each other and that should be the strategy going forward. keem em hungry.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
he almost did. we scored one goal and they had more puck luck.

dude isnt my golden boy as much as he was an undeserved whipping boy for most of the year. and now that hes actually turned it around. people are still continuing with the same crap narrative.

Because he isn’t any good.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
How is sitting a player when they are back on the upswing a good choice? That makes literally no sense.

You sit a guy when he is struggling, not when he is breaking out of a slump.

You want to make a statement? Sit Zacha for making dumb pass after dumb pass.

Reactions: tr83

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I'd take the expansion draft goalie as our starter.

He made big saves when his team needed them and is having a superb season.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Running Keith out as the starter is basically a tank move. There is a zero chance he gets it done.

He isn’t good enough and there isn’t anything in his entire career to suggest otherwise. He is a mediocre backup

I'd take the expansion draft goalie as our starter.

He made big saves when his team needed them and is having a superb season.

The three time cup winner you mean?

You mean Florida. And it was his 2nd goal in 22 games.

And it was recent. Unlike the plugs. He is on the upswing. Sitting him was stupid.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
lol i forgot about our vezina-nomin--- oh wait. our starter has never gotten it done either and is currently costing us games.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Even if I don't think this 6 is a great defensive core, I do think it's the best we have. I've never seen a guy get so much love (Mueller) for doing so little while he's here. He hasn't faced tough competition and he hasn't really done anything.
upload_2018-3-5_0-3-13.png

He's good at exits, but not really good at anything else. His possession numbers stink. Hasn't scored at all on the 5 on 5. Only one assist on the 5 on 5. Moore/Greene aren't amazing and Butcher is obviously getting sheltered, but I really believe they're better options than Mueller at this point. Mueller isn't this magical fix that some people want to believe. The goaltending needs to improve first and foremost.

Santini I won't get deep into. I've shared my opinion on him numerous times.

upload_2018-3-5_0-6-32.png

And arguably the worst possession numbers in the league. It's good that he's getting minutes in the AHL.

This is the defense we kind of have to live and die with. Hopefully we upgrade the left side this off-season and give Butcher more responsibilities since he's been solid.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Like Keith has all year. A short hot streak doesn’t make him better.

This is a stupid argument.

then explain this chart to me. his hot streak is just him returning to his averages. which is probably mediocre back up goalie

which is exactly what cory is right now.

4JVS3bD.png

its f***ing roulette out there when determining who will have a good game and who will suck. arguing against kinkaid is arguing against schneider at this point. because stats say theyre the same goalie over the past two seasons.

Reactions: Jets012

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
then explain this chart to me. his hot streak is just him returning to his averages. which is probably mediocre back up goalie

4JVS3bD.png

its ****ing roulette out there when determining who will have a good game and who will suck. arguing against kinkaid is arguing against schneider at this point. because stats say theyre the same goalie over the past two seasons.

And these numbers are not Cory’s career averages, so he too will return to the mean which his much better then Keith ever will be.

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
How is sitting a player when they are back on the upswing a good choice? That makes literally no sense.

You sit a guy when he is struggling, not when he is breaking out of a slump.

You want to make a statement? Sit Zacha for making dumb pass after dumb pass.

its not about a statement, he needed a rest.

just happy with anything that looks like coaching at this point i guess. had multiple chances to sit him for a game or two in the past.
shero is killing all of the good work with this staff.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015

4JVS3bD.png

its ****ing roulette out there when determining who will have a good game and who will suck. arguing against kinkaid is arguing against schneider at this point. because stats say theyre the same goalie over the past two seasons.

Yup disappointing reality of the situation. Hopefully Schneider finds a way to respond.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
When things go this bad when they really shouldn't, you know there's a price to be paid for at the end. That's just the way life works. If you don't take advantage of the opportunities given to you you know you will pay for it later.

That's the situation this team is in now unfortunately. Losses piling up. Florida as hot as they are, they will fly by us. And then one of Carolina or Columbus will find their game at the end and make up that ground.

Hey heck it might even be the Rangers with the way they've been playing lately.

We are playing ourselves out of a Top-8 right now.

No one else to blame.

If they don't find a way to start racking up points April will be meaningless.

Hynes and staff need to find a way asap

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
And these numbers are not Cory’s career averages, so he too will return to the mean which his much better then Keith ever will be.

id agree if he looked like the same goalie. sometimes he does. hell,sometimes kinkaid looks like a legit nhl goalie. so does nearly every starter in the nhl. a lot of it is mental and cory looks like crap mentally. like lundqvist last season.

kinkaid looked like that for 65% of his season but seems to have gotten out of it. hopefully cory will too. but one goalie cost nothing and the other a first rounder and good chunk of cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad