GDT: Aves @ Duckes | 8pm MT | The Mother of All Emergency Threads

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Apparently Colton got a 5k fine for his trip last night. Anyone got a replay of that? I didn't even think anything of that. If anything I thought it was a weak call when I was watching it live so I kind of want to see it again.
It was all around stupid. It was away from the puck too which just makes it worse. I don't know why he lost his cool, here's the only video I can find of it.

Reactions: Balthazar

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It was all around stupid. It was away from the puck too which just makes it worse. I don't know why he lost his cool, here's the only video I can find of it.

Yea I don't like it

On a young rookie star to boot

Reactions: sethro109

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
Funny....... I am impressed by the Duck's roster and thought they played pretty darn well. Tremendous scoring, speed, skill and intensity. And their coach has done a darn good job putting it together. Once Gibson woke up, he was unbeatable. These guys are going to be a force to deal with in just one more year.

But sure, let's just blame it all on the Avs and dismiss the team they played against. Typical HF non-objectivity.......

You could see this in the horrible shootout attempts: they were already beaten, didn't know what to do. So they did nothing.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
A lot of blame (rightfully so) being pointed at Bednar and his deployment of forwards.

Only two other forwards played more than 13 minutes last night outside of the top line: Drouin at 14 and Wood at 13.

If Bednar doesn't trust his other three lines in a meaningless game against a below-average team in December, how is he going to possibly guide this team through a playoff grind?

He needs to start giving minutes to these guys. The middle of the season is not about winning at all costs. He needs to find something that works and continue feeding lines 2-4 consistent minutes.

This team is going to be a 1st round exit due to sheer exhaustion if Bednar continues down this path. He did it last season out of necessity with injuries.

He is doing it by choice this season.
Not surprised. That's his MO. Frankly, the Ducks outplayed/out hustled the Avs when the battles really mattered in the 2nd and 3rd. And Gibson displayed his chops.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad