GDT: Aves @ Duckes | 8pm MT | The Mother of All Emergency Threads

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Leave it to us to have Byram finally wake the f*** up just as Frail Cale either gets injured or goes ice cold. Kings are going to absolutely manhandle us tomorrow.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Horrendous effort until the 3rd, so you take the point I guess. MacK and Mikko have some soul-searching to do, I just don't even know what to say anymore. When your two highest-paid players look legitimately engaged maybe one or two games a month you have a serious f***ing problem on your hands.

Reactions: missionAvs

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Despite what the Altitude homers said, I disagree that Mack was good in OT. First he stayed there for way too long...then his OT strategy of doing everything alone and going through 3 players just to lose the puck or have a weak ass shot is getting old.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Nah, he started to wake up a bit at the end and in OT, but those first 2 periods from him sucked. I don't remember the last time he played anywhere near a full game.
I strongly disagree. I saw him getting pucks to players with time and space, and they just kept f***ing up. He is not the problem, right now. Our defense and Mikko need to stop turning it over and shooting into shins.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I screamed at my TV when Mack lost CLEANLY the d-zone faceoff with 11 seconds left in OT, which of course led to a good scoring chance.

Why on Earth was he taking that f***ing faceoff? That wasn't an icing or anything. FFS.
Bednar doesn't coach a lot during games. He's just not an in-gsme tactician.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Leave it to us to have Byram finally wake the f*** up just as Frail Cale either gets injured or goes ice cold. Kings are going to absolutely manhandle us tomorrow.
0 chance Makar was feeling well. Bednar would have played him in OT and at the end of the 3rd regardless of Makar having a good game or not.

StLAvsFan

Feb 8, 2015
Horrendous effort until the 3rd, so you take the point I guess. MacK and Mikko have some soul-searching to do, I just don't even know what to say anymore. When your two highest-paid players look legitimately engaged maybe one or two games a month you have a serious f***ing problem on your hands.
They have their Cup rings, million$ in the bank, and million$ more rolling in non-stop, so they aren't too broken up half-assing it with some regularity nowadays.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
The great thing about "dealing with something" as a response to why a player isn't playing, is that it's universally interchangeable with every situation imaginable. Hurt? Yep. Concussion? You bet. Leaving the country in a hurry to evade law enforcement? You betcha.

Reactions: Hornstar

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
All the forwards deserve a bag skate. Allowing a scrub team that lost right in a row to have the upper hand in the second half of that game is pretty pathetic IMHO (yes Ducks didn't have a shot or something in 11-14 minutes).
I would agree outside of 29 who actually looked good and was driving play like I expect him to. Not his fault that 96 is playing like a 4th liner this month.

I would also say Nuke hustled as usual.

But everyone else was dog shit.

CMac needs to get off his ass and make some decisions. We can't continue with our 2nd line in the state it is. The first line can't continue getting 25 mins plus ever night because the 2nd line is about as good as an AHL 4th line.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
This simply isn't fair to 29, he was easily the best forward on the ice driving play pretty much every time he was out there. Had some nice shots, Gibson made some saves.

96 on the other hand has been a 4th line caliber player for a month. He needs to get his shit together.

Reactions: The Merchant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad