GDT: Avalanche vs Oilers 4/5/25 @ 7:00 PM MNT ( Emerg..... Lazy GDT) Let's Refalanche our way to victory!

How many power plays will the Refalanche have tonight?

Votes: 2 5.3%

Votes: 3 7.9%

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • 12!

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • ellipses

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Just got out the tank. Rogers arena security and the EPS a joke. Anywyas. Im so f***in done with Fourgiev. He sucks so much as a goalie that im beginning to dislike him as a person. I dont care that this team played the night before HE did not. Hes responsible for all 4 goals I saw. Im going to read the thread later but after last night there cant be a Fourgiev truther any longer. Hes a very bad goaltender and probably a piece of shit off the ice.

@The Kingslayer is one f***ed up individual.
EPS seems to agree. I kept telling them Evan Bouchard is better than Cale Makar while wearing a Cale Makar jersey. They had no idea what to make of it.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Just got out the tank. Rogers arena security and the EPS a joke. Anywyas. Im so f***in done with Fourgiev. He sucks so much as a goalie that im beginning to dislike him as a person. I dont care that this team played the night before HE did not. Hes responsible for all 4 goals I saw. Im going to read the thread later but after last night there cant be a Fourgiev truther any longer. Hes a very bad goaltender and probably a piece of shit off the ice.
The sad part of this, this fanbase thinks the last night was because of our goalie (who sucked).

You put Hellebuyck in our net last night, and we'll still lose. Focusing on Georgiev is ignoring the problem.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Everytime they zoom on Georgiev after a goal, he either looks mad at his defenseman or rattled to his core. The eyes don't lie. Can you imagine him against Tampa 2 years ago when Perry tried getting under Keumper's skin? At this point, I'll be really surprised if he can turn it around. The writings on the wall at this point or getting damn near close.

Last edited:

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Everytime they zoom on Georgiev after a goal, he either looks mad at his defenseman or rattled to his core. The eyes don't lie. Can you imagine him against Tampa last year when Perry tried to getting under Keumper's skin? At this point, I'll be really surprised if he can turn it around. The writings on the wall at this point or getting damn near close.
Goalies are f***ing maniacs by default. I don't give a shit about how his eyes look or what his animations are like, I care if he can stop the puck. At this point, he cant't.

Reactions: The Pwnerer

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The sad part of this, this fanbase thinks the last night was because of our goalie (who sucked).

You put Hellebuyck in our net last night, and we'll still lose. Focusing on Georgiev is ignoring the problem.
I think with better goaltending Avs still lose this game but maybe like 4-2 instead of 6-2 and the 4th goal is an empty netter

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

What problem? You keep making it out to be as if the Oilers were stunting on the Avs. The 3rd is a write off due to the Avs having no life so tell me, which of the first 4 goals does Helleybuck let in? The 1st one?

The 2nd, 3rd and 4th goals were disgusting. He is 100% to blame for those.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
What problem? You keep making it out to be as if the Oilers were stunting on the Avs. The 3rd is a write off due to the Avs having no life so tell me, which of the first 4 goals does Helleybuck let in? The 1st one?

The 2nd, 3rd and 4th goals were disgusting. He is 100% to blame for those.
The 1st one, maybe McDavid’s wrap around because Toews helped putting the puck in although Georgiev was late getting over, but you can’t really say the game would go exactly the same way with a better goaltending for the Avs. If the goaltending is better, the game is different. Meaning Oilers would make adjustments at type of shots they’re taking if Avs had a goalie playing lights out

I think Avs still lose the game with better goaltending but it’s a lot closer

Reactions: The Kingslayer

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
What problem? You keep making it out to be as if the Oilers were stunting on the Avs.
Because they f***ing were. Look at the shot totals. Look at the danger chances. We were f***ing ass raped 5v5.

This was legit one of the most lopsided games we played this season, and not in a good way. And I watched it, yeah.

Ignore the meter, look at that scoring chance chart. f***ing Brutal.
Capture.JPG

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Because they f***ing were. Look at the shot totals. Look at the danger chances. We were f***ing ass raped 5v5.

This was legit one of the most lopsided games we played this season, and not in a good way. And I watched it, yeah.
After 2 periods the scoring chances were 18-13 and the xGF was 1.95-1.21 for Edmonton.

You make it sound like the Oilers were the Harlem Globe Trotters out there. Georgiev gave up horrible goal after horrible goal.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Hellebuyc hasnt been great lately. I have him. The Avs atleast have a chance to win even being outplayed last night if their goalie could help them a little. At 3-2 going into a break you are still in it while playing poorly. That 4th goal cannot go in at any level of hockey.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
I think it’s about separating the reason for a loss from a team’s weakness.

Did Colorado deserve to win last night? No.

That being said… what Georgiev showed last night has been pretty consistent throughout the year, that’s why it’s the focus. The soft goals are completely deflating to a team.

The Avs laying a stinker, is not that common and it was compounded by the goaltending.

Too many penalties taken too. Very uncharacteristic as to how they usually play Edmonton. If you could tell me that’s how they usually skate in a game, I’d be worried, but they were dead tired last night and it showed. This team rarely plays like that.

The team is very good. The goaltending is a major concern.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
After 2 periods the scoring chances were 18-13 and the xGF was 1.95-1.21 for Edmonton.

You make it sound like the Oilers were the Harlem Globe Trotters out there. Georgiev gave up horrible goal after horrible goal.
Because they were. And I watched the game, we were two steps back at all time. Sure, b2b but it was brutal.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Everyone watched the game. Everyone saw how bad the goals were. Nobody said the Avs deserved to win. But the Avs stood absolutely zero chance with Georgiev in net, because he's a sieve.
And I don't deny that. Georgiev was bad, and Annunen should start vs Dallas. I still don't think that should be the main takeaway of that game. We looked like the Atlanta Thrashers vs Edmonton.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
One change I’m making right away is Kovalenko in for Parise. Parise is too f***ing slow on nights when he doesn’t have his legs.

I still like Parise as a depth piece, but I think Kovalenko is a better option and can play a style that meshes well with Colton and Wood.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
And I don't deny that. Georgiev was bad, and Annunen should start vs Dallas. I still don't think that should be the main takeaway of that game. We looked like the Atlanta Thrashers vs Edmonton.
Why shouldn't it be the main takeaway?

You are taking a rare showing from the Avs and saying that is a major problem. Analytically we know the Avs from last night are not the regular Avs.

What we DO know is games like that ARE Georgiev's regular showings based off of season long evidence. That is what the main problem is. That is why people harp on it, because he will not give the Avs chances to win. All he does is cost or almost cost them games 9 times out of 10.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Why shouldn't it be the main takeaway?

You are taking a rare showing from the Avs and saying that is a major problem. Analytically we know the Avs from last night are not the regular Avs.

What we DO know is games like that ARE Georgiev's regular showings based off of season long evidence. That is what the main problem is. That is why people harp on it, because he will not give the Avs chances to win. All he does is cost or almost cost them games 9 times out of 10.
I have in no way said that Georgiev should be our #1 after last night. On the contrary, I've stated multiple times that for me, that performance is a go ahead to put Annunen vs the Stars.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
I don’t know if anyone else saw this, but there was a moment in this game where they showed the Avs bench and Nate was arguing with Bednar again. I wonder what the problem is between this two. Clearly Nate is not happy with some of the decisions Bednar makes during games
Jordan and Kobe argued with Phil Jackson

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think it’s about separating the reason for a loss from a team’s weakness.

Did Colorado deserve to win last night? No.

That being said… what Georgiev showed last night has been pretty consistent throughout the year, that’s why it’s the focus. The soft goals are completely deflating to a team.

The Avs laying a stinker, is not that common and it was compounded by the goaltending.

Too many penalties taken too. Very uncharacteristic as to how they usually play Edmonton. If you could tell me that’s how they usually skate in a game, I’d be worried, but they were dead tired last night and it showed. This team rarely plays like that.

The team is very good. The goaltending is a major concern.
Very much this. I mean even then, them laying a stink on the second game of a B2B isn't even that big of a deal. It sucks, you don't want to see it but it's not uncommon and every team has those.

The Georgie stuff is incredibly concerning though. That 6th goal is just so incredibly bad and emblematic of where Georgie is right now. His response was that of a guy who's shot mentally and isn't recovering anytime soon and that's a major problem with the playoffs coming up in a few weeks.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
They need to start pulling Georgiev if he gives up a couple of early goals. Annunen needs to become accustomed to these scenarios. The postseason isnt the time to hope the team saves him when hes going to give up 4 goals.

Reactions: GeoRox89

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Very much this. I mean even then, them laying a stink on the second game of a B2B isn't even that big of a deal. It sucks, you don't want to see it but it's not uncommon and every team has those.

The Georgie stuff is incredibly concerning though. That 6th goal is just so incredibly bad and emblematic of where Georgie is right now. His response was that of a guy who's shot mentally and isn't recovering anytime soon and that's a major problem with the playoffs coming up in a few weeks.
This has been the case since mid October. Ya'll thought it was just hyperbolic lol I was dead serious. Fourgiev has let in 16 goals his last 4 starts. 16. So whats that? 16/4 =....Fourgiev. The math be mathing. The guy Looves the #4 like nobody thats ever existed. Even has it as a jersey number.

Reactions: The Moops

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
This has been the case since mid October. Ya'll thought it was just hyperbolic lol I was dead serious. Fourgiev has let in 16 goals his last 4 starts. 16.
Oh I been on the Fourgiev train all year, he's been dog shit. Seemed like he may have turned a corner a few weeks ago, but nah dudes just done for. Zero reason to start him anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad