Pre-Game Talk: Avalanche vs Jets - Sat Feb 3, 6:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I hope Lowry isn't hurt too bad but I'd be surprised if he plays in this one.
Will be interesting to see how long Lowry's day to day lasts this time.
We have yet to win a game against the Avs or the Hawks. I think we're due.
Sportsnet game

Reactions: Eyeseeing

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Say fellas, I'm going to this game tomorrow and it looks like it's going to be pretty frigid out. I'm wondering what the cheapest option for indoor parking might be...like if I go real early can I get in on a cheaper rate than "event" parking?

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Say fellas, I'm going to this game tomorrow and it looks like it's going to be pretty frigid out. I'm wondering what the cheapest option for indoor parking might be...like if I go real early can I get in on a cheaper rate than "event" parking?
I don't think so - I'm not 100% sure what they do with cars that were there before the event parking charges, but they always seem to be collecting the passes when everyone's leaving. If you don't have a pass do they make you pay at that point? Maybe you could BS about losing it at the game or something...

I think the Convention Centre is $10, Winnipeg Square is $12, Library is $15. Convention Centre might be $12 now that I think about it...can't recall.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I don't think so - I'm not 100% sure what they do with cars that were there before the event parking charges, but they always seem to be collecting the passes when everyone's leaving. If you don't have a pass do they make you pay at that point? Maybe you could BS about losing it at the game or something...

I think the Convention Centre is $10, Winnipeg Square is $12, Library is $15. Convention Centre might be $12 now that I think about it...can't recall.

I think CC is $12 now.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

Yeah I haven't parked in the parkades in some time for a game. Going with a friend and we're going to get some eats before the game and maybe get a coffee after so I was curious about how the event parking is handled.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Dunno, seemed to me like the people in PGT would be happier if he sat or was sent down like the loser *cough*team leading goal scorer*cough* he is.

I think you are confusing PGT emotions and ranting with rational thought. You shouldn't take that stuff this way. A lot of garbage has been posted in our PGT's over the years, especially after losses. They bring out the dark side.

Why would a coach tell a player not to practice if he had a bad game? Not rational

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Dunno, seemed to me like the people in PGT would be happier if he sat or was sent down like the loser *cough*team leading goal scorer*cough* he is.

People wanted him and Wheeler to play less or no 3v3 because they really didn't deserve it. No one wants Laine to be benched permanently.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Maurice if he really wanted to send a message should sit him out next year when they go to finland. that would get his attention.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
I'm so sick of that shutdown line obsession. Especially when Lowry is out. :badidea: Let Connor and Armia play hockey ! :banghead:

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Doesn't sound too ominous about Lowry at this point at least

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Player audio following today's practice: Morrissey, Copp, Perreault & Kulikov.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: Update on Adam Lowry. More on the second Vegas goal/slash by Neal across Hellebuyck's mask. Does he hear from the league? Would someone from the organization hear? Is Dmitry Kulikov back in? Status of Tyler Myers. If Lowry doesn't go, would Copp slide back into the middle. Games against the Avalance. On last night's power play. Is there a concern that the NHL isn't protecting their players? Can he provide any clarity on when Lowry sustained the injury? More on goalie interference.

To listen click here.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg

This is an awful take. Laine had a bad game... like really bad. It happens, and he's still a very young player. He will get better.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Exactly one year ago, we were up against the last-place Avs, and "an easy game" turned into a complete gong show. Trouba and Lowry were the only skaters who looked even somewhat present, whereas the rest of the team looked like ECHLers.

All I'm saying is, please don't make me watch anything similar ever again.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Exactly one year ago, we were up against the last-place Avs, and "an easy game" turned into a complete gong show. Trouba and Lowry were the only skaters who looked even somewhat present, whereas the rest of the team looked like ECHLers.

All I'm saying is, please don't make me watch anything similar ever again.

haha it's funny how easy it is to forget just how incredibly crummy the previous seasons were - really, even the one playoff season. They were all just fairly hard-scrabble grinding affairs where things were up in the air right to the end and there were all sorts of ups and downs (like really bad ones I mean). This season has been so different!

....so far (cue ominous music)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad