Pre-Game Talk: Avalanche vs Jets - Sat Feb 3, 6:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Appears based on lines at practice that Poolman is a placeholder for Enstrom and will be in the PB next game. Kulikov on off wing playing with Chiarot. Think I would prefer Kulikov Poolman as third pair.

Reactions: TheGovernment

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Appears based on lines at practice that Poolman is a placeholder for Enstrom and will be in the PB next game. Kulikov on off wing playing with Chiarot. Think I would prefer Kulikov Poolman as third pair.

so would I

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Not sure you can read too much into the pairings today

PerryPooley

Dec 28, 2011
I feel sure Laine can play a lot better than he is showing lately in terms of puck handling, skating and board battles. He needs a bit of a wake up call

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
4-3 OT win. Buf with the winner 4 minutes and 58 seconds into his his one and only OT shift.

I hope it does not go to OT. They played a very calculated slow possession game last time. Probably the the best OT performance I've seen in terms of control. The one before that they were on the PP to start with and made no mistake.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
bottom six, 5v5 points

17-18 after 52 games
Tanev (11) - Copp (13) - Armia (17)
Connor (25) - Hendricks (12) - Dano (2)
inj: Lowry (12)

16-17 full season
Matthias (11) - Lowry (18) - Armia (13)
Petan (5) / Dano (9) / Tanev (4) - Copp (15) - Thorburn (3)
traded: Stafford (10 WPG + 7 BOS)

I used to complain about depth scoring...

Reactions: Shaibu

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Go Jets Go

Try to steamroll the avs in the first please :)

Team is
1st central
2nd west
3 in the LEAGUE!!!!
THEY Got 3 out of 4 points vs the teams above them. One is a controversial lost.

Top 10 in goals for and goals against
Top 10 in pp and pk

Helly tops in basically all goalie stats
Laine tied in pp goal lead and snipping around top 10 in goals

Little is top 10 in fo%

If anyone would have bet (maybe excepts laine) that Jets will be sitting in February with all the mentioned above, they would have won a lot.

Whats good about the players

Wheeler ultimate captain. Wants to win a cup this year.
Schiefele top 5-7 center in the league. Enough said.
Laine the best under 20 hockey player in all of earth :) most lethal shot also. Can argue top 3.
Little the ultimate 2way player
Perrault relentless forechecker knack for getting lines going
Ehlers most dynamic offensive Jets and fastest player. Brings fun and joy to the bench
Lowry tower of strength. Embracex the defense and running away with it.
Connor goal scoring threat and speed to burn.
Tanev ultimate utility player
Copp good bottom 6
Armia great forechecker
Hendrick father figure to the boys :)

Jets top 6 defense when healthy is as solid as anybody in the league.

Hellybuyck he has arrived.

Maurice. He took the buy in to go young last year. That counts for something as it could have (almost) cause his job. Big props.
Players coach

Chevy this guy is awesome. He could have been an hf gm and traded away anybody but he stuck to his plan.

Having WinnipegJets back Priceless

So continue this amazing season.

GO JETS GO

BEAT THE AVS

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Say fellas, I'm going to this game tomorrow and it looks like it's going to be pretty frigid out. I'm wondering what the cheapest option for indoor parking might be...like if I go real early can I get in on a cheaper rate than "event" parking?
I always liked the Convention Centre myself

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Say fellas, I'm going to this game tomorrow and it looks like it's going to be pretty frigid out. I'm wondering what the cheapest option for indoor parking might be...like if I go real early can I get in on a cheaper rate than "event" parking?

The good news is, we've found a place to park that costs us nothing. The bad news is, the transit fares cost us $10.40.

itchyscratchy

Jan 10, 2011
With Shaw and it looks like this game is on SN360 (don't get channel) but Toronto v Boston is on CBC, SNW AND City TV Wpg. Really?

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Should not take the AV's lightly !!! they beat us last time in overtime I believe. The good thing for us, is McCinnon is out for 3 weeks -- "their leading scorer." With that being said, we'll still have to put out a full 60 minute effort, as they've been playing well in the second quarter of the season.

We need these 2 points--I hope the Jet's come out to play:thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad