GDT: Avalanche vs Jets 12/07/23 @ Ball Arena. Flying forward into the unknown! (Emergency GDT)

Who would win in an all out brawl?

• Total voters

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I guess everyone sees things through different lenses. The love tap by George to me was an absolutely non-event. No worse than tapping someone on the shoulder and being like "shift your shit out of my way".
I understand this thought, but our opinion doesn't matter... the coaches and teammates' opinions matter. Bednar stated last night it would be address, I'd say that would signal it isn't nothing.

People (including myself) are probably a bit touchy on this given his history. He was not well liked in New York, fought teammates, is clearly not buddies with many of them (I think only Kakko at this point), and was a terrible tandem goalie with Igor. There is simply a history here that we don't want repeating.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I understand this thought, but our opinion doesn't matter... the coaches and teammates' opinions matter. Bednar stated last night it would be address, I'd say that would signal it isn't nothing.

People (including myself) are probably a bit touchy on this given his history. He was not well liked in New York, fought teammates, is clearly not buddies with many of them (I think only Kakko at this point), and was a terrible tandem goalie with Igor. There is simply a history here that we don't want repeating.
I hadn't seen the bednar statement, I'll look that up.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
People should listen to any old Forsberg interview where the team lost and he played bad. Not a word about the team, just that he had to be better and didn’t get the job done.

A star on the team saying that knows full well the whole team didn’t deliver, but they take the blame. That’s big from Makar.

Accountability gives me 6 years of Wood.
Dude, you need to stay off that blue pill sometimes. Taking it everyday is not healthy. :sarcasm:

Jazzguitar

Feb 25, 2012
Denver
Seems like ANY time we turn it over in our zone it always ends up in the back of the net with Georgie. Almost like he's spiting the skaters for making a mistake like I would when I was a young immature brat playing goalie on NHL online in the same situation lol.

Would be nice to get a save every now and then when the team makes a mistake in front of him as opposed to literally never. Can't fault him for that a lot of the time either just saying it would be nice lol. Would be even nicer if he stopped giving up a softie goal a game too. Not putting this game all on him, just this happens to be the condensed post from a long long rant and decided to keep this part.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
For those who want Georgiev, Byram, RyJo, Tatar, Drouin gone, might as well just give up on the season because no way in hell all those players can be replaced in season. Is CMac gonna find a better goalie, better D-man than Bo, better 2C than RyJo, also replace Tatar and Drouin all at the trade deadline for this team to make a cup run? Just go with the flow, whatever happens, happens. That’s what I’m gonna do

Reactions: SirLoinOfCloth

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
For those who want Georgiev, Byram, RyJo, Tatar, Drouin gone, might as well just give up on the season because no way in hell all those players can be replaced in season. Is CMac gonna find a better goalie, better D-man than Bo, better 2C than RyJo, also replace Tatar and Drouin all at the trade deadline for this team to make a cup run? Just go with the flow, whatever happens, happens. That’s what I’m gonna do

There are posters here who haven't given up on the season yet?

Wow... I missed the Georgiev/Malinski incident somehow. What a douche. If I was cMac that f***er would be gone as soon as I could secure another starter.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I haven’t, but as I mentioned before, my main hopes are Landy coming back in the playoffs and maybe RyJo gets going or it might be possible CMac finds a better 2C at the trade deadline. It won’t be easy but doable I guess. Also I have hopes that Kovalenko can come in and make a difference. Lehky and Girard coming back etc… but I’m certainly not on get rid of Georgiev and Byram page. That’s not gonna happen.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
IMO there is a path out and to contending, but it will take aggressive management to address the issues. The risk/reward is not paying off in the manner needed to contend. I don't blame the riskiness of things given the cap situation, but this is just a result of that course.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York

Wow... I missed the Georgiev/Malinski incident somehow. What a douche. If I was cMac that f***er would be gone as soon as I could secure another starter.
George was brought with with Rangers. Rangers have a history of their goalies bullying their own players. It is normal and George is just doing what his parents told him to do.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I would guess that a lot of Georgiev's problems this year have to do with him trying too hard to make saves. When you see a goaler in the groove, he reads the play and seems relaxed in making the saves. Georgiev after the eight or so games is fighting for everything out there and it seems he's putting a lot of pressure on himself, which is coming out as notable frustration (like last night on Malinski). He's been better this week compared to the previous two to three weeks, but it seems he's still low on confidence and the last game against the Ducks didn't help when the players put him in a bad spot by breaking his shutout.

Another big factor affecting his play and something he'll need to adjust if he has the talent to be a long-term starting goaler is video scouting. We've seen many goalers become one-hit wonders and that is because of video and analytic scouting. What are a goaler's mannerisms? Is his glove side very strong? Is his rebound control good? Where is he allowing the most goals? All of these are factors that other teams talk about before playing a goaler, especially in the playoffs. Now, some of the goals he's allowed this season reminds me of his play against Seattle. Those weird whiffing on a floater from the blueline goal, but then stops a 3v1 that he had no business saving. A night and day difference for me compared to last season is that teams are opening him up more. Now going side to side and tucking it under the five-hole is a go-to move for forwards against all goalers, but I see it happen a lot more against Georgiev than last season. I think teams are taking advantage of his wide style and by making an extra move to get him to open up and get him off his structured style that Parkkila teaches all goalers. My two cents.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
George was brought with with Rangers. Rangers have a history of their goalies bullying their own players. It is normal and George is just doing what his parents told him to do.

yeah I was aware of Georgiev's issues in New York, but god damn hacking at your own teammate out of frustration ON the ice. That's way worse than a locker room fight IMO. Especially a f***ing rookie just trying to figure it out during a call up.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I can't believe fans of a team with Nathan MacKinnon, who has a record of shooting slappers at rookies in practice for making shitty passes, are making such a big issue out of this. Yes, I would probably address it as well if I was Bednar, just for the simple fact that Georgiev himself hasn't been that great this season either. When you are back being better than average goalie stats wise (because that's what playing behind this team should allow a goalie to do), then you can maybe went your frustration sometimes if you feel a teammate is hampering your ability to make a save. With MacKinnon people are giving him all the leeway because he's so good. Georgiev hasn't earned that leeway yet this season, but let's not act like this is going to be a massive issue in the room. A lot of us have moody co-workers. Maybe you will witness a temper tantrum every once in a while, you roll your eyes at such behaviour, then you forget about it and continue as things were.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
yeah I was aware of Georgiev's issues in New York, but god damn hacking at your own teammate out of frustration ON the ice. That's way worse than a locker room fight IMO. Especially a f***ing rookie just trying to figure it out during a call up.
Meh, it's not that big a deal. Out of line by Georgiev for sure but I also think Malinski got taught a good lesson there. :laugh:

And it's not anywhere near the level of punching your racist asshole teammate in the face with a blocker.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Have you ever been in a locker room?
Yes I have. And have had teammates yell at each other in frustration. Then they get over it.

I can also picture plenty of situations at work, where an action of a co-worker would cause them to yell at another co-worker, or even give them a slight tap with something if it's something dangerous they are doing. But getting into an actual fist fight? Nah, that would have serious repercussions.

Reactions: The Moops

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Most locker rooms have cliques and guys that hate each other. Not at all uncommon. These things are never really an issue when you win, but when you lose, that's when they show up. MacK simply gets judged at a different standard here. Not fair mind you, but when you're a top 10 player in the world... you're kinda allowed to be a maniac. If you're playing like a bottom 10 starting goalie, the leeway just isn't nearly as high.

Reactions: missionAvs

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Most locker rooms have cliques and guys that hate each other. Not at all uncommon. These things are never really an issue when you win, but when you lose, that's when they show up. MacK simply gets judged at a different standard here. Not fair mind you, but when you're a top 10 player in the world... you're kinda allowed to be a maniac. If you're playing like a bottom 10 starting goalie, the leeway just isn't nearly as high.
Yes, and this is why I think it's ok for Bednar to set him straight. Fix your own game first, then worry about what others do. But the action itself is not that big of a deal, and I doubt it will cause any stir, also considering that Georgiev made it seem in his post game interview he apologized for the event.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad