GDT: Avalanche vs Jets 12/07/23 @ Ball Arena. Flying forward into the unknown! (Emergency GDT)

Who would win in an all out brawl?

• Total voters

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo

Makar… watcha doing bb?

Screenshot_20231207_203836_Yahoo Fantasy.jpg

Accurate

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
At least we notice Mikko trying to do stuff even if whatever he’s doing isn’t working, but with RyJo, if I didn’t see his name on the roster before the game, I legit would think he’s not playing. Biggest issue so far IMO. He’s supposed to be the 2C. I was optimistic when CMac traded for him, but completely worried now. I’m not even sure how they fix it. He’s making 4 mill for 2 years.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
I’m starting to think Georgiev is a slightly better Grubauer 2.0.

Not terrible by any means, but definitely not a Varly who could just steal games and even series on a consistent basis. Not saying we can’t win the cup with him, but he’s probably not going to be the main reason if we do win the cup.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I’m starting to think Georgiev is a slightly better Grubauer 2.0.

Not terrible by any means, but definitely not a Varly who could just steal games and even series on a consistent basis. Not saying we can’t win the cup with him, but he’s probably not going to be the main reason if we do win the cup.
I think they are the same. Grubauer outdueled him last season. Grubauer was great in that series and Georgiev was Miska. Also, we can say it. The Avs will never win a cup with georgiev just like they would have never won one with Grubauer.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
What’s more likely is..

- Landeskog isn’t ready
- Kovalenko is an overwhelmed confused rookie in the playoffs
- more guys enter substance abuse and rehab programs
- more injuries, Makar misses random games of the opening round
- whatever Eller-like player C-Mac acquires at the deadline is eating nachos with Tatar by game 3

Yikes!

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
People should listen to any old Forsberg interview where the team lost and he played bad. Not a word about the team, just that he had to be better and didn’t get the job done.

A star on the team saying that knows full well the whole team didn’t deliver, but they take the blame. That’s big from Makar.

Accountability gives me 6 years of Wood.

I think it's clear this team goes as Cale Makar goes.

Nathan MacKinnon has been looking a lot better lately yet when Makar is out/off his game, the Avs don't look nearly as dominant.

When he's on his game/healthy, the Avs have a much easier time rolling teams.

Al Arbour said the hardest thing about stopping the Oilers wasn’t Gretzky; it was when Coffey was creating scoring chances from the moment he picked up the puck in his own zone.

Cale is the best defenseman in the world, when he’s dominating it’s something no team can defend. Forwards can’t contain him for 60 minutes.

Totally agree we go as Makar goes.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
People should listen to any old Forsberg interview where the team lost and he played bad. Not a word about the team, just that he had to be better and didn’t get the job done.

A star on the team saying that knows full well the whole team didn’t deliver, but they take the blame. That’s big from Makar.

Accountability gives me 6 years of Wood.
Miles is enough as it is.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
1st in the Central last year = 1st round exit to a wild card team.

The regular season really doesn't matter at all and the issues plaguing this team at the moment are only going to get worse in the playoffs.
I mean this current roster without Landy, Lehky and 2C is gonna be out in the 1st round regardless, unless they fix all that and Landy comes back, so I just have to cheer for regular season success for now, unless we were tanking which we’re not.

I really don’t have any hopes for playoff success if Landeskog doesn’t come back. Do any of you really see CMac making big trades to fix the 2C issue at the trade deadline after trading for RyJo?

For this team to go far in the playoffs, the following things need to happen…

Landy needs to come back
RyJo either gets going or replaced with a real 2C.
Lehky needs to come back healthy
Girard needs to come back
Need one more solid right shot d-man

There are just too many question marks for a deep playoff run this year, but if not this year, at least the core is still young enough to make few more good runs with the cap going up

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I mean this current roster without Landy, Lehky and 2C is gonna be out in the 1st round regardless, unless they fix all that and Landy comes back, so I just have to cheer for regular season success for now, unless we were tanking which we’re not.

I really don’t have any hopes for playoff success if Landeskog doesn’t come back. Do any of you really see CMac making big trades to fix the 2C issue at the trade deadline after trading for RyJo?

For this team to go far in the playoffs, the following things need to happen…

Landy needs to come back

There are just too many question marks for a deep playoff run this year, but if not this year, at least the core is still young enough to make few more good runs with the cap going up
I'm curious here...what kind of play are you expecting from Landy if he comes back? He missed 2.5 of the last 3 seasons and would be recovering from a near career ending knee surgery. At age 32.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

For this this to go far in the playoffs, the following things need to happen…

Landy needs to come back

Cores 30 and over just don’t win Cups. You might get there with a player or two, but two is very much a stretch itself. Avs have one season beyond this year where they don’t fall under that category. The time is now and the Avs really need to push. My expectation is they won’t this if it continues like this… but that would be a mistake.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Cores 30 and over just don’t win Cups. You might get there with a player or two, but two is very much a stretch itself. Avs have one season beyond this year where they don’t fall under that category. The time is now and the Avs really need to push. My expectation is they won’t this if it continues like this… but that would be a mistake.
See, I can’t think that way because I’ll lose all hope. There are just too many question marks for this year. Can all be fixed? I guess it can. Landy, Lehky, Girard all come back, RyJo turns into that 2C we need. Too many question marks for this season, that’s why I gotta think Avs will have few more runs in them if not this year

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I'm curious here...what kind of play are you expecting from Landy if he comes back? He missed 2.5 of the last 3 seasons and would be recovering from a near career ending knee surgery. At age 32.
Even if not by Landy standards, would still expect something better than what Tatar and RyJo have done so far. Also that’s part of why I’m saying I don’t have too much hope for a deep playoff run this year. So many things have to fall in place for that to happen

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad