GDT: Avalanche @ Predators: 11-18-17: 6 PM MT Girard vs Turris

AvHooligan

Oct 10, 2015
Hey, I’ll be there too. 117. Driving in now.

And that seems pretty reasonable.

Ill be in 119 with my white Sakic jersey. Hopefully the Avs don't get embarrassed out there lol. This is the only Avs game ill get to see this year unless they somehow make the playoffs and match up against the preds

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Swap Z and Mironov. No joke, straight from the mouth of Bednar.

Interesting...

I have a feeling they're going to shelter Barrie a bit. Sounded like he wasn't actually 100% yesterday in practice.

That said, it's nice to see Bednar reward Mironov potentially with more ice time after his best game of the year on Thursday.

I'm not sure if he was actually that good to be getting this increased role. But maybe it'll give the kid some more confidence and he'll continue to get better tonight.

The good news is if it doesn't work, you can always switch him and Zadorov during the game.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Barrie in, Bigras out - per Dater

Ridiculous. Seriously, how in the world is this going to help develop Bigras? The dude is playing nervous, unconfident, and just seems to be forcing things. Benching him is doing more harm than good.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Nice to have Barrie back already. I would've preferred Bigras staying in because I think he's better than Barberio and Mironov but it's not like he has been playing all that great either.

I wonder if Bigras or anyone else has ever told Bednar his name isn't pronounced big-ris. At least get the man's name right when you scratch him.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
You heading up there all the way from Atlanta? Seems like a fun trip, it’s about 5 & 1/2 hours for me or I’d think about it

Yeah. Staying the night. Gonna enjoy broadway after, win or lose.

Ill be in 119 with my white Sakic jersey. Hopefully the Avs don't get embarrassed out there lol. This is the only Avs game ill get to see this year unless they somehow make the playoffs and match up against the preds

Same. Only weekend game here unfortunately and not making it to Denver this year. Gotta make this one count.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Kinda curious what its going to take to get barbs out of the lineup smh

Bednar has shown a propensity to rely on veterans over youth if given an opportunity, he did it last season to a degree that I found highly frustrating. What it will take to remove Barberio from the lineup is Sakic trading him at the deadline or letting him walk in the offseason, which is a move that is coming IMO. Sakic will continue to take away Bednar's crutches.

In fairness to Bednar, a lot of coaches over rely on veterans, even if the youthful alternative is arguably at a close level. The problem with it in this situation is that it is a move made for winning now, rather than trying to develop for the future.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Bednar has shown a propensity to rely on veterans over youth if given an opportunity, he did it last season to a degree that I found highly frustrating. What it will take to remove Barberio from the lineup is Sakic trading him at the deadline or letting him walk in the offseason, which is a move that is coming IMO. Sakic will continue to take away Bednar's crutches.

In fairness to Bednar, a lot of coaches over rely on veterans, even if the youthful alternative is arguably at a close level. The problem with it in this situation is that it is a move made for winning now, rather than trying to develop for the future.
I know but still sucks. We have 9 defenseman when healthy and barbs is least likely guy to be here in the future.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Must be the reason why they called up Toni instead of Colby, right? It's tricky when you have (with Zad, Miro and Bigras) 3 not so reliable players on D. Bednar probably thinks "Nahh; 2 are more than enough". And i get that.

Last edited:

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Ridiculous. Seriously, how in the world is this going to help develop Bigras? The dude is playing nervous, unconfident, and just seems to be forcing things. Benching him is doing more harm than good.

They should just send Bigras back to the AHL. I don't know much more his game will develop down there, but i'd rather have him down there getting some confidence back on a winning team. If Girard falters/injuries hit then call him up. There's just too many players like him on the team right now ahead of him with Girard, Barrie, and Barbie for him to be successful.

Reactions: StayAtHomeAv

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
They should just send Bigras back to the AHL. I don't know much more his game will develop down there, but i'd rather have him down there getting some confidence back on a winning team. If Girard falters/injuries hit then call him up. There's just too many players like him on the team right now ahead of him with Girard, Barrie, and Barbie for him to be successful.

Yep. Let him play somewhere. Being scratched is probably just going to screw with his head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad