GDT: Avalanche @ Kraken Mon, Nov 13th 8:00PM Mountain Time (Emergency GDT)

why?

• Total voters

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
When you're a 2C you absolutely have to.

1699998110344.gif

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Was MacDermid playing in either of those games? Bednar tends to keep him on a leash, I rather he utilize MacDermid as a "first strike" weapon.
he's only played 4 games so I assume you are correct. However, he gets put in and 5 mins into the game fights so there seems to have been some intent here.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
A lot of talk about Seattle having the Avs number, but the Avs won the season series 2-1, and held Seattle to 22 shots in the last loss, and 19 shots in this win. That's pretty impressive.

Seattle's not among the highest shooting teams in the league, but they have averaged 29.3 shots per game this year.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
That was a puck battle IMO like the Colton hit. Oleksiak is just way bigger and stronger, and Lehky was off balance from going around Larsson to get to the puck, and then extending his stick to reach for it. Oleksiak didn't really push him as much as he braced for contact. Very unfortunate play.
Oleksiak was behind him and pushed him towards the boards.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Oleksiak was behind him and pushed him towards the boards.
That's simply not how I saw the play if you are implying it was dirty.

It was unfortunate, yes. But dirty, nope. But then again, I also don't think Colton should've gotten two for boarding either...but I do think he should've gotten a game or two for the cross-check to the mouth.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
A lot of talk about Seattle having the Avs number, but the Avs won the season series 2-1, and held Seattle to 22 shots in the last loss, and 19 shots in this win. That's pretty impressive.

Seattle's not among the highest shooting teams in the league, but they have averaged 29.3 shots per game this year.

Well they're a .400 team right now so I sure hope they don't have the Avs number.

The Avs played a strong third but they still got worked by a pretty weak and depleted Kraken team with an AHL goalie for the better half of the game.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Well they're a .400 team right now so I sure hope they don't have the Avs number.

The Avs played a strong third but they still got worked by a pretty weak and depleted Kraken team with an AHL goalie for the better half of the game.

Seattle played better early, but I don't think we can say they worked the Avs, when they only had 19 shots and 1 goal.

Scoring chances 21-17 and High Danger chances 10-6 for the Avs. xGF 56.94% to 43.06%.

Kraken only had the advantage in the 1st period in all of those.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Seattle played better early, but I don't think we can say they worked the Avs, when they only had 19 shots and 1 goal.

Scoring chances 21-17 and High Danger chances 10-6 for the Avs. xGF 56.94% to 43.06%.

Kraken only had the advantage in the 1st period in all of those.

Seattle was the better team for the majority of the 2nd as well.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
BTW, does anyone know why the Avs never went to the Whitehouse after winning the cup in 22?

Biden's niece got married at the White House the day (Saturday) the Avs played the Caps in Washington.

Only one day off before/after, so the White House was probably closed that weekend for events like that. Unfortunate scheduling by the NHL. Sounds like they didn't do their due diligence.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Biden's niece got married at the White House the day (Saturday) the Avs played the Caps in Washington.

Only one day off before/after, so the White House was probably closed that weekend for events like that. Unfortunate scheduling by the NHL. Sounds like they didn't do their due diligence.
Better off not going.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Kinda wonder if Bednar said something to MacDermaid after the Makar and Lehkonen hits. He’s been very comfortable playing his 3 minutes collecting his cheque for a while now. That fight seemed to be what I’ll call staged or at least pre meditated to some degree and not just heat of the moment. Not always easy for him to find a dance partner either. Just some random thoughts.
That’s not how players work they’re competitive. I’m sure he’d want to play 25 minutes a nite, and it’s not his fault he isn’t.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Nuke went to the whitehouse.
That could be a good comedy movie. Nuke sneaks into the whitehouse oval office and orders a hooker using the president’s phone. Then he gets into all kinds of adventures and troubles. I could write a whole script about it but the title of the movie is Nuke goes to the White House

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad