Pre-Game Talk: Avalanche coming Tuesday

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
This whole "goalie vs specific team numbers" is such a misapplication of stats. Small sample size, teams whose personnel changes from year to year, etc.

Anyway, happy to see Sogaard in goal regardless.

I don’t kno man. Look at the sens records against their former goalies. Some goalies just wake up to play against certain teams. I remember some goalies saying they like playing against ottawa due to the lighting in the arena.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
This whole "goalie vs specific team numbers" is such a misapplication of stats. Small sample size, teams whose personnel changes from year to year, etc.

I mean it is just a way to apply stats to a gut call.

I agree it is BS but coaches get asked to explain gut calls so they go with these silly explanations.

Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

If it's away numbers there's an element of players comfort with the rink, goalies need to establish their angles based on visual cues, and some guys like certain rinks.

Beyond that there is a bit of mental element to it, if Colorado has beaten up on you your entire career, it may not matter that the roster has turned over, their's still than mental block telling you, here we go again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad