Value of: Availability Of Erik Karlsson

Todd Parchment

Apr 5, 2018
Is he available from the Shakes and how much would it cost to purchase him. I have no team in mind just wondering and he’s not talked about as a top top guy anymore and maybe he’s a good piece to add at the draft to a team on the cusp with space and possibly retained. Would be waive or is he comfortable taking in millions in California now.

actuallynotPJStock

Feb 28, 2014
I'm sure San Jose fans would be more than fine if he was traded. Realistically, with his current contract and the financial uncertainty that comes with covid, I doubt there are many takers right now, if any.

Reactions: DickSmehlik

Ledge And Dairy

Ek65 spoke out not that long ago about not wanting to go through a rebuild, what if he agreed to waive to Seattle? Sharks would then have actual cap space to look into rebuilding and Seattle would get a 1D + team leader for the foreseeable future. EK's contract isn't great but I don't think he's completely fallen off the cliff as a player.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
A trade would have to be with a team on the cusp of contending needing an upgrade to reach that next level sending back a bad contract of their own, or as a one-for-one for another very high ticket player.

The former would be something like OEL or Subban going back if those teams were ready to put all chips on the table. The latter might be something like Faulk or Yandle for Karlsson (25% retained) if St. Louis or Florida felt that would give them a better window. Or Skinner for Karlsson if Buffalo think he'd be a good mentor for Dahlin.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
As much as it sucks, the Sharks might have to retain to get real value here. Covid made a lot of contracts borderline untradeable. Changes if Karlsson returns to being the best Dman on planet earth.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
EK plus 2 unprotected 1st round picks for PK Subban
AbandonedAggravatingBoilweevil-size_restricted.gif

Yeah that's an hard pass

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Is he available from the Shakes and how much would it cost to purchase him. I have no team in mind just wondering and he’s not talked about as a top top guy anymore and maybe he’s a good piece to add at the draft to a team on the cusp with space and possibly retained. Would be waive or is he comfortable taking in millions in California now.

He’s not talked about as a top guy because he’s making $11.5M for 6 more years as an offensive defensemen who isn’t all that great offensively anymore, lol.

Nobody’s taking him without massive retention and an overpay.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

Karlsson’s contract carries deeply negative value. It’s not moveable. There is no cost to acquire him. He could be waived tomorrow and no one touches that deal. He’d sail right thru waivers unclaimed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad