OT: Autographs/Hockey Cards Thread

Dicky Dangles

dangles the puck.
Oct 3, 2006
Manhattan Beach
Would there be an Upper Deck Michkov card available before he actually plays for the Flyers, or are those autographs just for future cards after he plays for the Flyers? I started collecting just Flyers Young Guns cards, but I’d like to get Michkov cards of any kind ASAP.

Reactions: CutOnDime97

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Would there be an Upper Deck Michkov card available before he actually plays for the Flyers, or are those autographs just for future cards after he plays for the Flyers? I started collecting just Flyers Young Guns cards, but I’d like to get Michkov cards of any kind ASAP.

Not sure. But I did hear Bedard likely is going to be in UD 23 series 2. Mitchkov probably comes later.

Reactions: Dicky Dangles

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
He has to play an NHL game before UD can put him in a Flyers jersey on a card.

For hockey card collectors, all eyes are on the boxscores to see which rookies are making their NHL debuts. When a player makes his debut, he becomes eligible to be in an NHL/NHLPA licensed hockey card product.

They could do something like they did for Shane Wright by removing logos and putting him in their multi-sport products:

Screenshot_20230725-104653_eBay.jpg

Reactions: Dicky Dangles

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
What are you guys paying for packs/boxes of decent stuff. I haven’t collected in about 20 years and still have most of my cards and collectables

I just watch other people open up packs because I don't wanna buy them, hah.

Prices seem to be a little nuts lately...especially with products that will have Bedard RCs in them now.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Do you pre-order? It looks like this particularly set's value just keeps being raised even during the pre-order
I have never pre-ordered a box before but this is also probably the most hotly sought after box since people actually started collecting cards again so I have no idea how pricing will go. You can also wait for e-pack those prices tend to be pretty stable. I've had better luck with e-pack than physical stuff but that could just be coincidence. Last few years the first packs I bought have had the most sought after YG (Lafrieniere, Beniers, etc.).

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I have never pre-ordered a box before but this is also probably the most hotly sought after box since people actually started collecting cards again so I have no idea how pricing will go. You can also wait for e-pack those prices tend to be pretty stable. I've had better luck with e-pack than physical stuff but that could just be coincidence. Last few years the first packs I bought have had the most sought after YG (Lafrieniere, Beniers, etc.).

I've never used e-packs before...does that mean I can open packs, and have the cards shipped to me? Like all of them?

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.

Edit: I've opened my first e-pack. Interesante. I do want the physical cards though for autograph purposes. Hmm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad