Tennis: Australian Open 2022

Elvis P

WNBA fan since 1997
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Nadal's getting stronger. Med desperately needs some light weight training. His team is living in the 60s.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Medvedev has to become more aggressive and start making better decisions at net. But whether he has enough energy left to change his game is doubtful right now.

Momentum does often stop at set five, so I'm keeping an open mind.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Turning on the sound for this set. Crowd has looked pro-Rafa all of the way.

Reactions: Elvis P

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I thought a short match would favour Rafa and a long match Medvedev... completely opposite situation playing out. :laugh:
Same. I thought if Rafa can end it quickly he'd have a much better chance. He can't out endure Medvedev.

I was very wrong lol. But also not super surprising, playing 2/3 of his longest matches ever in the same tournament must be killer.

Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

Elvis P

WNBA fan since 1997
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Rafa wasn't aggressive enough the first 2 sets, but his superior fitness has made his questionable strategy pay off. I'm sure Daniil has good cardio, but you've gotta have a little bit of strength and a little bit of muscle at this level. I wonder if he refuses the non-cardio training his team wants.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Rafa wasn't aggressive enough the first 2 sets, but his superior fitness has made his questionable strategy pay off. I'm sure Daniil has good cardio, but you've gotta have a little bit of strength and a little bit of muscle at this level. I wonder if he refuses the non-cardio training his team wants.
Given his long layoff his physical superiority is astounding.

Reactions: Elvis P

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Can’t believe they’re still playing after I woke up!

I still think set 5 favours the Russian cuz he’s serving first

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad