Tennis: Australian Open 2022

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Is Genie a full time instagram star now? I don't follow her but it seems she doesn't play much tennis. I don't miss her... i never much cared for her game.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Is Genie a full time instagram star now? I don't follow her but it seems she doesn't play much tennis. I don't miss her... i never much cared for her game.
She had surgery last year so I don't know if she's playing again. She did work for TSN as an analyst and was quite good.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Did Polansky retire? They mentioned he would be helping coach Denis along with Jamie Delgado.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
So, they're moving the overnight AO coverage to ESPN+ now? What a crock of shit.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Beautiful start for Korda who rolls over #12 seed Norrie 3, love and 4. Definitely dark horse material if he continues to play like he did today.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Biggest upset of the day, Wang clobbers Gauff 4 and 2. Saw the first set and it was very one-sided. Thought I'd check out other matches and come back for the expected third set, and it was long over by the time I returned.. Hell of a win for a good player on the comeback trail.

Last edited:

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Good opening win for Nadal in straight sets over Giron. Suddenly is a big tournament for Rafa. If he wins he goes ahead in the GOAT race with the tie-breaking 21st GS championship and the additional achievement that he will have won all the GSs at least twice.

Reactions: Beau Knows

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I haven’t cared about a tennis tournament in my life but this one has my whole heart.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Didn’t see any of it, but Korda only losing 7 games to Norrie in dispatching of him is impressive. I wasn’t expecting him to win that match. I knew he was capable of beating him, but didn’t know he was capable of beating him so handly.

Reactions: Elvis P

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Kenin got a brutal first round draw with Keys on form coming off a tournament win.

Keys on form is the better player, and it’s looking like Kenin’s going to go out, unless this turns around.

Reactions: Elvis P

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Suffering a big letdown (and probably a major hangover) after his huge hometown win in Sydney, Kokkinakis goes out 2, 3 and 2 to German journeyman Yannick Hanfman who gets his first GS match win at the age of 30.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Love waking up to a snow day and live tennis. Karatsev and Munar deep in the 5th set in the 5th hour. Karatsev up 4-1 with 2 breaks.

Reactions: kihei and Tuggy

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Shapo's slow starts, staring at his team when he makes a poor shot and an increasing amount of unforced errors are concerning.
If he can get a handle on this , the sky is the limit. Maturation will kick in at some point. His grit and determination have allowed him to rise above this at times, which is admirable! Hope he can get a handle on things and have a great tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00