Confirmed with Link: Auston Matthews Wins the Hart and Ted Lindsay Award! Makes 1st All-Star Team alongside Marner!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Really? You don’t notice the Leaf fans who don’t appreciate him? Have you been living under a rock?

Not directed at you, just in general. Sometimes we’re too close to truly appreciate talent.
I knew he was special when I saw him playing with the Vaughan Kings about 17 years ago.

Andrewcoursol

May 13, 2018
ontario
The Habs board is ------------------------>
it is not about the habs, it was an opinion comparing between 2 players with an accompanying explanation why the conclusion is that Mcdavid is the overall better player. even if Matthews were a hab, i would still conclude that Mcdavid is better.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Where can i see or hear the explanation?

"As for Draisaitl, his second 50-goal, 100-point season has fallen far under the shadow of Matthews' first 50-goal season -- even though the Maple Leafs centre has three more goals but four less points.

The argument that Matthews does more than Leon Draisaitl, even though the latter scores more points annually, kills penalties regularly and takes far more defensive-zone faceoffs seems ludicrous. Does Draisaitl not do more for his team if he’s employed in more important defensive situations?

Call Matthews a better goal scorer? Sure.

Call him a better all-around player though, and we’ll chalk it up to the fact that people are sick of talking about how good Edmonton’s players are..."

This was his explanation at the end of the season and he followed through with it too. The fact he threw a few more players above Matty is hilarious. Incredible bias. :laugh:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

This was his explanation at the end of the season and he followed through with it too. The fact he threw a few more players above Matty is hilarious. Incredible bias. :laugh:
Easily the worst from non Leafs media. He's the same guy who was so happy Kadri faced a dangerous hit against Boston. He tweeted something like "thats called facing the piper for Kadri". I don't believe in karma but it's awesome before Kadri got hurt, he was running over his Edmonton Oilers in the series

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Easily the worst from non Leafs media. He's the same guy who was so happy Kadri faced a dangerous hit against Boston. He tweeted something like "thats called facing the piper for Kadri". I don't believe in karma but it's awesome before Kadri got hurt, he was running over his Edmonton Oilers in the series

Dude's a classic case of running with the wind. Wherever he sees some popularity, he'll write on it
He knows rest of the Canada want to hear why Matthews shouldn't have won, so he's going to write about it

Zur En Arrh

Apr 16, 2022
I was hoping Matthews would win both, well deserved. It’s funny seeing all the crying Oilers’ fans. I don’t think there is a worse fan base on this site.
Thanks man..I hope your boy wins the smythe and sweeps the hart, norris and Lindsay next year!!

the reaL MVP is MCDAVID, unlike matthews , mcdavid scores in the playoffs, and the oilers at least won a playoff series. Matthews will put up goals in the regular season than same old song and dance come playoff time, also ask yourselves which player that you want if you can choose between the 2 of them , it makes me wonder what teams Gm's would choose matthews over Mcdavid, matthews only scores, when taking a pass,he does not make others around him score very often, matthews is not a play driver, teams are concerned when Mcdavid has the puck in the neutral zone, because Mcdavid will make your Defense look like piyons, not so often with Matthews who will go to the top of the face off circle and wait for a pass to shoot.
Imagine being this wrong! Lmao..It's a masterpiece of error.. Just wow..

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
I am the real MVP by giving Matthews a 5th place vote

karmi-wearing-dungarees.gif

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
the reaL MVP is MCDAVID, unlike matthews , mcdavid scores in the playoffs, and the oilers at least won a playoff series. Matthews will put up goals in the regular season than same old song and dance come playoff time, also ask yourselves which player that you want if you can choose between the 2 of them , it makes me wonder what teams Gm's would choose matthews over Mcdavid, matthews only scores, when taking a pass,he does not make others around him score very often, matthews is not a play driver, teams are concerned when Mcdavid has the puck in the neutral zone, because Mcdavid will make your Defense look like piyons, not so often with Matthews who will go to the top of the face off circle and wait for a pass to shoot.
Desperate to make your point so you go to another board? It just proves your point is wrong so yes I agree Matthews is better. Desperation indicates being wrong.
I would tell Caufield to find the defensive zone first before making invalid points on Matthews.

Last edited:
Reactions: DirkStraun and kb

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I agree! McDavid should get some kind of award for sticking around to live and play in a third rate province which only has a mall in it.

😘

AlienWorkShop

No, Ben! No!
Oct 30, 2004
I was curious about Draisaitl's PKing - didn't realise he was such an important PKer for the Oilers... and looked it up and he was ranked 8th among Oilers forwards in average PK time per game haha (excluded a couple forwards who played less than 10 games...). 6th if you exclude Sceviour and Shore, but they played 39 and 45 games, respectively...

While Mitch was 2nd in forward PK time for the Leafs :)

I suppose having McDavid on his ballot already was the only thing keeping him from throwing Draisatl on it too...

(oh, and to be clear, Acting the Fulemin's Twitter post about Spector's explanation was a joke at least haha...)

Zur En Arrh

Apr 16, 2022
The mental gymnastics the Oilers fans are playing right now over AM34's win is popcorn material. Such insecure, jealous and childish fanbase. You hate to see it!
It's amazing!! After mcd carried drai to his awards they were insufferable. This is just sweet sweet yummy yum yums.. God I love it. It's been the best two days reading the board I've ever had. Ear to ear smile boys!!!

Reactions: 3blizzard4

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Just looked at the vote breakdown for the All Star teams.

Tuuka Rask got a 3rd place vote

Yes that Tuuka Rask.... the one who played 4 games with a GAA of 4.28 and SV% of .844

Reactions: stickty111

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad