Player Discussion Auston Matthews Discussion

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
We are just guessing, that is the issue
-Is it a cold/flu?
-Is it something similar like long covid/novovirus?
-Is what happened on the bench more than it is, and he 'took his ball and went home' and since he's the alpha dog on this team he is going to demand changes?
-Is it another injury that isn't being full disclosed?
-is it any combination of the above?

Some of those things above are unlikely, some are more likely. Maybe is something none of us are event thinkin about. The main issue is, the team isn't letting the fanbase know, and the more serious the issue is, the less likely they are going to let anyone know.

I just hope he's not having concussion symptoms or something and they're just covering it up

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Quoting a blog post that quotes Howard Berger? Are those the depths to which we have sunk?
You have to use the scroll bar on the right hand side of your browser (use your scroll wheel on your mouse on the rectangular bar and wheel it toward you to make the page go down) and scroll down to the video which shows the collision with the boards. The video clearly shows it's posted by TicTacTOmar. Here's a link to the same video on X, if you are allergic to Berger. Just press on the blue circle in the middle of the video with your left mouse button.

Last edited:

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
You have to use the scroll bar on the right hand side of your browser (use your scroll wheel on your mouse on the rectangular bar and wheel it toward you to make the page go down) and scroll down to the video which shows the collision with the boards. The video clearly shows it's posted by TicTacTOmar. Here's a link to the same video on X, if you are allergic to Berger. Just press on the blue circle in the middle of the video with your left mouse button.

Bruised or cracked rib, making it difficult to breathe?

Injured tailbone or something, making it difficult to skate?

tuckerintensity

armed with will and determination
Jul 16, 2022
Hard to tell, he's looked pretty agile in some moments to me but at the same time, he's probably not 100% either. But some of the mistakes he's made have been mental errors that have nothing to do with his ankle, just your basic everyday shambles of the brain. But whatever, that goal he scored was pretty, would be nice to see more stuff like that tonight, we'll see.

GLG!!
That third period is the best he's looked, maybe Nylander hit him in the feels.

I agree, too. We still need more offensively from him, but his edge work isn't what it normally is. Your three best players struggling with injury at the wrongest of wrong times.

Reactions: authentic

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Da talk at hot stove on Saturday night was he had norovirus .. i did not know what is was when ex players were saying it but now find out it is brutal .. there is no cure except rest and water intake as it works its way outta ya .. we are screwed over here pretty bad .. see ya next year with a new manager and coach

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Da talk at hot stove on Saturday night was he had norovirus .. i did not know what is was when ex players were saying it but now find out it is brutal .. there is no cure except rest and water intake as it works its way outta ya .. we are screwed over here pretty bad .. see ya next year with a new manager and coach

I swear I've had this before a few times and it never lasted more than a few days. Infact I've rarely in my life been sick for more than 3 days with anything.

Reactions: ORRFForever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad