Auston Matthews Discussion VII:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
One thing everyone mentions is McDavid's incredible puck handling at top speed....but it's time we talk about AM34's hand-eye coordination at top speed as well. I'm not sure I've seen anything quite like it. It's remarkable.

Reactions: johnny_rudeboy

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
One thing everyone mentions is McDavid's incredible puck handling at top speed....but it's time we talk about AM34's hand-eye coordination at top speed as well. I'm not sure I've seen anything quite like it. It's remarkable.

Toronto once had a star named Babe Dye, in the 1920's. "Babe" was obviously not his real name. They gave him that nickname because he played baseball in addition to hockey.

Matthews' nickname should be "Donaldson."

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
I'm not sure if I mentioned it but Auston Matthews is 58.3% in faceoffs this season so far. I strongly think with his on ice puck possession and steals will find him contending for Selke this season and for many more to come.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
He's a monster this year, i don't think the Chicago game was even the best we'll see of him. Only had 1 goal that game which is INSANE.

I expect him to have a a few 4 point games this season with hat tricks where the other team doesn't touch the puck. I imagine one of them will be against Edmonton.

Tuesdays game is going to be sick, Matthews seems to get uppity when he's in a situation to show someone up. Will he give Ovechkin some shade in the early season Rocket race?

Reactions: johnny_rudeboy

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Matthews is beasting so far :)

29.4% shooting just crazy dude is off to a great start and i hope it continues. Go matthews go!

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
The thing I hate about Matthews.

He never seems to score first and I always pick him in the prediction thread !!!! First world problems !!!

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Matthews is beasting so far :)

29.4% shooting just crazy dude is off to a great start and i hope it continues. Go matthews go!
% will get lower and I think most people are not expecting a 82 goal year from him.

Saying that though, he's on his way to repeat that 40 goal year from last year. Except he's doing it against even tougher matchups than last year.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
I wore my Matthews jersey to my annual hockey pool. I got 4th pick. The guy picking 3rd took him.

Stupidity on my part in hindsight. ;-)

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
That end to end goal I have never seen anything like that. It was insane and it had like an irry Gretzky vibe with just how he knew what that defensemen was going to do with the puck.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
% will get lower and I think most people are not expecting a 82 goal year from him.

Saying that though, he's on his way to repeat that 40 goal year from last year. Except he's doing it against even tougher matchups than last year.

I think he repeats. Just without any lengthy goal droughts (dont think he go 10+ games without a goal).

Yep looks like he is taking a step forward among nylander and hyman (have not seen much of hymaan so going on a limb here)

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Vegas knows whats up.
They had Matthews second in MVP odds to start the season and the Leafs ranked 8th overall.
They talk to unbiased people in the know and obviously got amazing reviews.

Reactions: hurricanematthews

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I wore my Matthews jersey to my annual hockey pool. I got 4th pick. The guy picking 3rd took him.

Stupidity on my part in hindsight. ;-)

Hahahaah I laughed out loud picturing it. You know that guy did it out of spite. I love it

Reactions: Marshy

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
No one can tell what award(s) he is going to get after this season but he is certainly our MVP and is going to be a super star in this league for at least a decade

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Matthews might be in the Kucherov, Taresenko, Kane tier by seasons end if he keeps this up. The one thing with Matthews is i'm not sure he is an elite playmaker. He might only be a 30-35 assist guy and that may prevent him from winning the Art Ross.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Matthews might be in the Kucherov, Taresenko, Kane tier by seasons end if he keeps this up. The one thing with Matthews is i'm not sure he is an elite playmaker. He might only be a 30-35 assist guy and that may prevent him from winning the Art Ross.

By years end he'll be nicely in front of those guys.

Why are some Leafs fans so afraid to admit they have a GREAT player? Are they afriad they will get ripped by opposing fanbase's or something? Trying to be as negative as possible?

Matthews is easily a better all around player today than Patrick Kane ( I imagine someone will call me on this).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad