Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Mcdavid
Draisatl
Mack
Kucherov
Makar

Are all players id take before Matthews.

He's in the 6-10 range

Nobody is saying McDavid isn't #1 (at least I'm not). I'm not sure why this is so hard for you to follow. All I'm saying is there are clearly two sets of rules. Everyone uses lack of team success to drag Matthews down in this ranking, yet McDavid, whose team has also accomplished NOTHING, gets a free pass.

Either we're talking about individual accomplishments, or team success. You can't have it both ways. If it's individual accomplishments, then it's really hard to not have Matthews #2, behind McDavid. If it's team success, then there are plenty of guys you can put ahead of both.

And for someone who is so desperate to stop talking about McDavid, you sure like to keep the discussion going, lol.
I thought we were just talking about who were better/more effective players than Matthews. There are for sure 5 I'd take before him but go ahead and make all kinds of lists where Matthews is second.

• Haha
Reactions: 34 and WetcoastOrca

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Look, if he wants to be mentioned in the same breath as Gretzky, Lemieux, Crosby, etc., he's gonna need to bring his team to the promised land. Matthews needs to do the same thing.

Everyone always craps on Matthews for his early playoff exits, but let's have a look. Matthews has completed seven seasons, so in their first seven seasons:

Matthews: 7 playoff appearances
McDavid: 4

Matthews: Advanced beyond the first round once
McDavid: Twice

If we're talking about team success, there's not really much here for either guy to brag about.
How can we take you seriously when you can't even count to three?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
You’re literally proving my point. Matthews does hit a fair bit actually. Starting in the playoffs against Montreal he was hitting people all over the place and the stats reflected it. You also would have to watch every other player and count their hits to see how badly he would be overrated (or underrated) here if at all, which you obviously don’t do.
Therefore we rely on garbage data that produces garbage stats.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Is 2023 in his first seven years?
Take your time, I know it's difficult for you.
I'm not applying your arbitrary timelines : 😂

Matthews has been on teams that have made the playoffs more than mcdavid, been on much more successful regular season teams and has consistently done less with more.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
The Oilers are lucky if they even get to the playoffs with McDavid. This is his ninth season and they've made the playoffs five times, and are in serious danger of missing again this season.
And even when they do get there, they're pretty likely to get swept out in four games (it's happened 40% of the time McDavid has actually made the playoffs).
Still made it past the first round more than the leafs

The fact of the matter is McDavid has gone beyond the fourth game of the playoffs three times in his career. I'm not taking anything away from him, he's obviously an all-time great. I would just like to see him have a little more playoff success to truly cement his legacy. I'm not sure why this is so controversial.
Here's hoping McDavid and Matthews meet in the finals this year. It would be great for hockey.
Not happening lol.

Mar 26, 2010
Mcdavid
Draisatl
Mack
Kucherov
Makar

Are all players id take before Matthews.

He's in the 6-10 range

I thought we were just talking about who were better/more effective players than Matthews. There are for sure 5 I'd take before him but go ahead and make all kinds of lists where Matthews is second.
Draisaitl is not even a top 10 player this season. I take Willy Nylander over him AINEC.

Matthews is the #2 or #3 right now.

• Haha
Reactions: Duke74 and Taluss

Mar 26, 2010
Matthews has no extra gear in the playoffs. At least not that he's shown yet
lol ok.

I am going to be totally honest with you, McDavid has been very average this season as well. What does he have like 14 goals? Neither of those two have looked very good, This season to be fair. I’m still giving McDavid the number one spot due to him being McDavid. As far as Drai concerned, not impressive at all.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
lol ok.

I am going to be totally honest with you, McDavid has been very average this season as well. What does he have like 14 goals? Neither of those two have looked very good, This season to be fair. I’m still giving McDavid the number one spot due to him being McDavid. As far as Drai concerned, not impressive at all.
I appreciate your "honesty"

Have you finished counting to 7 yet?
What does 7 have to do with anything

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad