Athletics/track & field

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Just finished watching the 50k race. Incredible effort in these conditions. And another strong Pole. The interview with the silver medal winner was so touching, giving a 3 minute, teary eyed, speech after just one question. He couldn't believe it.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
The women walking having abit better conditions than the men in the morning. This could be a tight race. The German Feige is already out of the medal ranks after 30 minutes. Would have been a huge surprise if she could keep up, but that's still a bit early.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
What drama. Sena getting a penalty 500m before the finish, losing her sure bronze. She was still battling for silver.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Wow what a race!! The Italians! :amazed:

Good for Canada in winning a bronze at least. If De Grasse's teammates had been abit faster he might've got them a silver or perhaps even a gold with the ground he made up. De Grasse was 5th at the exchange and he brought it back to win a bronze.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Wow what a race!! The Italians! :amazed:

Good for Canada in winning a bronze at least. If De Grasse's teammates had been abit faster he might've got them a silver or perhaps even a gold with the ground he made up. De Grasse was 5th at the exchange and he brought it back to win a bronze.

It was similar to the semi final heat.

Team had to race their best for Canada to have a shot and I think Brown had a bit of a slow lead leg.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHASDBVLAKDBAVDLFKJVBKDVBLDZVBSLòVBSòVDIASDòOVIARRòOVIBDRBRDòVBIàAROVàIOARNVòADRINVOIo!i"jI0'3R90òò!é=£i*?=0I01ITALIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::vhappy::towel::yo:

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
It was similar to the semi final heat.

Team had to race their best for Canada to have a shot and I think Brown had a bit of a slow lead leg.

Oh well still good to see Canada win another medal with a great run from De Grasse. Interesting to see think that if De Grasse had the Chinese runners be his teammates he'd have perhaps won a gold, but with him being so far back a bronze is a good result. :)

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Oh well still good to see Canada win another medal with a great run from De Grasse. Interesting to see think that if De Grasse had the Chinese runners be his teammates he'd have perhaps won a gold, but with him being so far back a bronze is a good result. :)

Looked like a bad exchange between Brown and Blake. Unfortunately Rodney hasn't been the same the past few years, crazy to think he ran a 19.9 beating Brown and De Grasse a few years back at nationals. They needed a perfect run for gold and unfortunately I think that first exchange may have cost them.

What a run by the Italians and what an Olympics for Jacobs. Feel for Mitchell-Blake, he seemed to take that loss hard.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Looked like a bad exchange between Brown and Blake. Unfortunately Rodney hasn't been the same the past few years, crazy to think he ran a 19.9 beating Brown and De Grasse a few years back at nationals. They needed a perfect run for gold and unfortunately I think that first exchange may have cost them.

What a run by the Italians and what an Olympics for Jacobs. Feel for Mitchell-Blake, he seemed to take that loss hard.

I wonder if Canada would have done better if De Grasse could have won the full 200M instead of just the last 100M. I bet they win gold then - I'm sure that's illegal though, but curious if it actually is since it's technically a disadvantage, not an advantage...

Are there any stats anywhere as to how fast each 100M was run at? I'm curious what De Grasse's final 100M was, and also Jacob's in the 2nd leg.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I remember the golden days for Sweden when we had Carolina Kluft, Stefan Holm, Christian Olsson,Kajsa Bergqvist, Johan Wissman, the Kallur twins, Emma Green, Linus Törnblad.

Just sad to see where we are today.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I remember the golden days for Sweden when we had Carolina Kluft, Stefan Holm, Christian Olsson,Kajsa Bergqvist, Johan Wissman, the Kallur twins, Emma Green, Linus Törnblad.

Just sad to see where we are today.
I feel the same way about Germany. Kluft was such a horse. It's a shame she was often injured.

Last edited:

King 88

Mar 5, 2010
Just remove the field from track&field because f*** all is shown from field :thumbd:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Not a bad run for Ingebrigtsen. Hopefully they can adjust the schedule so that he can go 1500, 5000 and 10000 in Paris :DD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad