Atd-ML#10 THE MINOR LEAGUE DRAFT

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
It's time for... Fun Stuff with Seventieslord!

Most Ex-Regina/Dysart players: (ATD8, MLD8, AAA8, ATD9, MLD9): Regina (5), Oxford (4), Peterborough (4)

Fewest ex-Regina/Dysart players: Tidewater (0), Labatt (0)

My favourites:

First line: Labatt
Second line: Yaroslavl
Third line: Labatt
Fourth line: NY Americans
Offensive defense corps: Dayton
Defensive defense corps: Oxford
Physical defense corps: Peterborough
Goaltending tandem: Oxford
Coaching: NY Americans

Players selected in MLD10 never selected in any ATD, MLD, AAA, or even mentioned in the top-1000 thread following AAA8:

Jack Marks
Jiri Fischer
Vitezslav Duris
Vic Lynn
Murray Henderson
Bruce Ridpath
Eddie Gerard (coach)
Dunc Munro
Viktor Shalimov
Red Hamill
Dubbie Kerr

My three favourites, not counting our steal of a coach:

Jack Marks
Bruce Ridpath
Viktor Shalimov

Number of players and coaches from ATD9 still not selected after MLD10: 24

Number that I predict will still not be selected by the end of AAA10: 9

Most past ATDs selected in:

Kent Nilsson: 9
Ed Jovanovski: 9
Bob Probert: 8
Ron Hextall: 7
Mike Liut: 6
Mattias Ohlund: 6
Wade Redden: 6
Olaf Kolzig: 5
Dave Babych: 5
Miikka Kiprusoff: 5
Brad Richards: 5
Kirk McLean: 4
Robert Svehla: 4
Larry Hillman: 4
Sean Burke: 4
Ryan Smyth: 4
Doug Weight: 4
Mickey Redmond: 4

Three players/coaches who have been in 4 or more ATDs are still available.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
ideally you would wait until after the DEADLINE to vote/do rankings to do that

some GMs haven't voted yet and have until monday at noon to do so

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I'd tend to agree, if anything in the above post gave anything away about my overall opinion of any team or had an influential tone to it...

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
of the three teams with no representation in the voting so far (only 5 hours left to go before the noon monday eastern time DEADLINE), all of them have logged on today AND yesterday... surely had time! ... unless each day was for a couple of minutes only

c'mon...

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
of the three teams with no representation in the voting so far (only 5 hours left to go before the noon monday eastern time DEADLINE), all of them have logged on today AND yesterday... surely had time! ... unless each day was for a couple of minutes only

c'mon...

Yeah sorry, I was busy the past couple days. Stopped by last night after the Wings game and started rankings but didn't have time to finish. I'll try to make sure to get votes in the rest of the way.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
my votes are in. Just wanted to say, nothing was easy to call. You guys did a great job of finding the best remaining players - few stones were left unturned. And these were some of the best MLD arguments I've read. You've done a good job honouring the history of this fine sport.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
the polls have now closed

thirteen (13) of us have voted/ranked

pretty good... more than the regular season!

Anyone interested in doing write-ups for the 3-game series and has time NOW (can get it all done no later than by 10pm eastern tonight)... PM me

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
i have written up a series and seventieslord has volunteered to write-up one or two,...

is someone else available to do the write-up of a 3-game opening round series today?

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
When does the AAA draft start and also when do people think then ext major ATD will start? You know I already got my names ready for both of these draft!
Last year the spring ATD started march 18th so AAA10 will start no later than March 6th since it's a 12-day, 2-pick per day draft it'll end exactly on march 18th. I am presuming the next ATD won't begin any earlier than last year, though of course BM67 will be first in line to make the decision as to when exactly it will begin if he returns as ATD commish. Otherwise maybe Leaf Lander wants to step up again.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
At the rate this is going, we'll only finish the MLD around March 12th. Are you saying we will have overlapping drafts? Not that that's a bad thing.

Also, if that's the case, is it really a bad thing to be in the middle of the AAA draft when everyone else wants to start the next ATD? The two can go on without affecting one another.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
At the rate this is going, we'll only finish the MLD around March 12th.
actually, wednesday is voting day, thursday night the divisional finals begin, monday is voting day next week, tuesday night the mld finals begin, and voting for that can be on friday (March 6th, the tentative start of the AAA draft) or at the least the following monday

there's no reason to start the next ATD any earlier than last spring (march 18th): the playoffs just need to be run tight, not take sooooo loooong (to no noticeable good effect: not like discussion goes on and on)

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
That's fine. It just looked to me like the playoffs were on a "one week per round" cycle.

Better this way anyway. Then I am here to make all my arguments for any series we advance to, except the finals.

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
wednesday is voting day

send your votes on the Oxford vs. Dayton Ohio series to Eaglebelfour (because one should not be in a conflict of interest position: counting votes for one's own series is just wrong) ... the other three series send to me via PM

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Very good to hear, VI. That is the way it should be. there is no question that we all trust you, but eliminating the possibility of a perception of wrongdoing is vital.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
only 5 of us have voted so far... get those votes in!

today is voting day but if you need tomorrow MORNING too then do so...

results to be tabulated and posted tomorrow afternoon and evening
(anyone who has time on thursday to write-up a series, let me know)

divisional finals will begin no later than friday morning

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
only 5 of us have voted so far... get those votes in!

today is voting day but if you need tomorrow MORNING too then do so...

results to be tabulated and posted tomorrow afternoon and evening
(anyone who has time on thursday to write-up a series, let me know)

divisional finals will begin no later than friday morning

I confirm, only 4 vote sent thus far to me (obviously VanI dosn't vote in this serie)

For the Oxford/Dayton Ohio serie, you can send the vote until tomorrow, february 26th, at 5.00PM Eastern Time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad