ATD #9 Bob Cole Quarterfinal: #3 Kingston RMC Paladins vs. #6 Toronto Maple Leafs

shawnmullin

Jul 20, 2005
Swift Current
Great job Murphy. A lot of fun. Leaf Lander this is your the best, most playoff ready team I've seen you have since I joined ATD. You ran into a team with Mario and Yzerman, otherwise who knows what could've happened.

Good luck in round two Van and FI2

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
There is nothing wrong with the player that I select yr after yr
this leafs team is comprised of many great players.

Imo a team with so many superstars and hall of famers : Brodeur, Armstrong, Baun, Blake, Davidson, Elias, Keneddy, Nevin, Oliver, Stevens, Sundin, and Roberts wouldn't loose to a 2 man team unless there is a secret ballot.

I am shocked it didnt go 4 straight for the other team.

Last edited:

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
This is how an ATD series thread should be. This should be stickied for future references. :handclap:

Also, congrats to both teams. LL, Lemieux-Yzerman...well not much you can do to beat that. fI2 and VanI, well done.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
There is nothing wrong with the player that I select yr after yr
this leafs team is comprised of many great players.

Imo a team with so many superstars and hall of famers : Brodeur, Armstrong, Baun, Blake, Davidson, Elias, Keneddy, Nevin, Oliver, Stevens, Sundin, and Roberts wouldn't loose to a 2 man team unless there is a secret ballot.

I am shocked it didnt go 4 straight for the other team.

I was left shaking my head when my team was looked at as Roy against the world, and yet I had one of the best 1-2 punches down the middle as well as a stacked top 2 lines. There is a serious caveman mentality here.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
those russians are minor leaguers

You may as well march out ahlers and call them nhl2 players from the 40's n 50's
hockey in russia was developing ahead of euro competition and local small town teams that canada sent to world championships.Russians were not at the level of nhl players.

Like i said they got my vote now!

Last edited:

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
I was left shaking my head when my team was looked at as Roy against the world, and yet I had one of the best 1-2 punches down the middle as well as a stacked top 2 lines. There is a serious caveman mentality here.

2 lines team as i said that would get worn down by a more physical determined team full of leadership and character and vastly superior goaltending.

Brodeur top 5 goalies maybe even the best and fhur is top 20

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
2 lines team as i said that would get worn down by a more physical determined team full of leadership and character and vastly superior goaltending.

Brodeur top 5 goalies maybe even the best and fhur is top 20

You definitely had a huge edge in goal, Fuhr is pretty overrated IMO - but throwing Lemiuex out one shift, followed by Yzerman the next all game really killed you.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
You definitely had a huge edge in goal, Fuhr is pretty overrated IMO - but throwing Lemiuex out one shift, followed by Yzerman the next all game really killed you.

seen great players get shut down by a imposing team

it is what it is and i will be voting for them from here on.

good example is what detroit is doing to crosby n malkin

see what roberts did just now what would he do in his prime

Last edited:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
This thread may have been "interesting" but no Lady Byng votes to posters: it gets pretty petty and disrespectful imo.

(That's entertainment.)

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
When I read this thread, I thought to myself I really want to do the write up for this series. It was a great thread to read and very compelling arguements were made for both sides. Thanks to FissionFire for letting me do it. I felt a bit of pressure to live up to the pre-game hype Leaf Lander, Van Islander & Frightened Inmate created for this series.

I agree with FissionFire in that its more enjoyable to build a team you actually like. I follow that strategy as well although it isn't the most effective in winning rounds. I probably passover 1/2 the players available to me in order to select players I like.

I guess its ok to say now but I thought the leafs would take this one in 6. I agree with Leaf Lander in that I don't think 40 & 50's era Russian's were on a par with the best of the NHL players. Its why I had Pervukin as the victim of a bad turnover that Kennedy jumped on in game 6.

Its hard to defend against the one-two punch of of Lemieux - Yzerman though. Toronto had a lot of good solid two-way players but not any of the caliber to defend effectivly against that. I think thats what most gms saw and why the vote went the way it did.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I don't think 40 & 50's era Russian's were on a par with the best of the NHL players. Its why I had Pervukin as the victim of a bad turnover that Kennedy jumped on in game 6.
?????????????????????????????????? The lack of knowledge of Soviet hockey is stunning.

Pervukin was a first team Soviet all-star in 1978 and for ten straight years from then through the eighties was paired with his Paladins bluelinemate on every top Soviet team in international competition, winning Canada Cup, Olympics and very competitive 80's world championships.

Kingston has no 40's and 50's era players.

There are some mid-60's stars on the fourth line.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
?????????????????????????????????? The lack of knowledge of Soviet hockey is stunning.

Pervukin was a first team Soviet all-star in 1978 and for ten straight years from then through the eighties was paired with his Paladins bluelinemate on every top Soviet team in international competition, winning Canada Cup, Olympics and very competitive 80's world championships.

Kingston has no 40's and 50's era players.

There are some mid-60's stars on the fourth line.

thats right hype it up for the next rnd!!

Frightened Inmate #2

Jun 26, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Hey at least Sundin, Vaive, Bondra and half of the rest of your team will feel at home on the sidelines while other teams are still playing in the playoffs. Secret ballot? West Coast Ballot? It had everything to do with your team not having any offensive punch to speak of... I mean who did you expect to score when your teams forwards have been shown to be incapable of playing at a high level in the playoffs. It really isn't going to get much votes.

Also you are the worst loser I have ever encountered during the ATDs, be a man and suck it up.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad