ATD 2021 REDUX

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Due to a transcontinental flight today, tabness left a list and his first option remains and is drafted: Bill Quackenbush, D

I hear twitter is getting one. ;)

I came really close to picking him, before deciding I preferred Hedman's slight skew towards offense over Quackenbush's slight skew towards defense as Seibert's partner.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Well, this guy isn't a good as Malone, but his skillset as a two-way goal scoring center is an even better fit with Moore and Lafleur. He's also a fantastic ES scorer.

Chicago selects Norm Ullman, C

AS record: 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 5, 7

Next pick coming shortly

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Henderson goes BPA and selects the silent cucumber, :) cool under pressure and quietly goes about his business between the pipes.

Georges Vezina, G

Last edited:

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Henderson goes BPA and selects the silent cucumber, :) cool under pressure and quietly goes about his business between the pipes.

Georges Vezina, G

Back when I took Sawchuk I was considering waiting and picking Vezina instead since I knew I would have first pick this round, he's good value here.

Reactions: Dirt 101

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Back when I took Sawchuk I was considering waiting and picking Vezina instead since I knew I would have first pick this round, he's good value here.
Once you and tabness took goalies, i knew i would be able to get Vezina now.

Picking first every other round gives you a huge advantage in terms of planning: you can ink in every other round's pick and build around that plan.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
tabness listpicks Eric Lindros, C

Lindros probably would've been my pick this round had I taken a Dman last round, but you guys took all my top D candidates.

Also, I know Lindros was ranked quite a bit above Ullman in the most recent top 100 project, but IMO they're a lot closer, and I'm not even sure if I would have Lindros ahead. Ullman was certainly a better fit for my team.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Once you and tabness took goalies, i knew i would be able to get Vezina now.

Picking first every other round gives you a huge advantage in terms of planning: you can ink in every other round's pick and build around that plan.

Yeah it's very nice, one of the reasons I was happy to get the last pick.

tabness

GUCCY m
Apr 4, 2014
Thanks for making my picks @Dirt 101

Pleased to get Quackenbush, I needed a steady guy like him for this team style, I wasn't actually really expecting to get him so I put Tremblay and Laperriere as backups for that round.

No backups for my round six pick. For Lindros, the flattering stat I will point to is road stats. I generally look at road stats for a lot of things as it is a quick and easy way to reduce arena affects (for stats like giveaways, takeaways, and the like, and even faceoffs), as well as show how a player can perform when coaching and matchups aren't favorable to them (specifically road even strength goals and points). Generally the reasons why a player would do well on the road relative to home are almost always flattering (more defensive role at home, doesn't run up the score at home when winning, less affected by best opposing defenses and systems) or at least due to some hindrance at home. Lindros even looks good on the +/- tip, certainly not my favorite stat but hey, dude is looking good by every metric.

Claude The Fraud

Apr 2, 2008
Rimouski
The Kamloops Blazers would like to welcome, from Mimico, Ontario, Craig Janney’s best friend, Brendan Shanahan.

78e8ade71f3efbec61bdf5974d116075.jpg

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
In ATD 2019, the drop in great goalies who are clearly top-100 all-time players was repeatedly discussed.

Sawchuk went absurdly low, as did Vezina and Gardiner.

Forgotten in line building: A goaltender is usually one of the top stars on a successful team.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Lindros probably would've been my pick this round had I taken a Dman last round, but you guys took all my top D candidates.

Also, I know Lindros was ranked quite a bit above Ullman in the most recent top 100 project, but IMO they're a lot closer, and I'm not even sure if I would have Lindros ahead. Ullman was certainly a better fit for my team.

Two trends on the Top 100/200 projects at play here: Generosity towards late 1990s/early 2000s player with abbreviated careers due to injuries, and harshness towards pre-expansion players who didn't win the Stanley Cup.

Reactions: Dirt 101

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Let me say about the Blazers...

Bourque & Bossy?

Every goalie should be wetting their pants (and no one drafted Roy, Hasek, Plante or - some say near equal - Brodeur).

ADD to that the PLAYOFF clutch play this squad adds that of Forsberg and Dryden...

And Conn Smythe Savard?

We are having our pants pulled down.
We better have enough to show for it!

Last edited:

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
In ATD 2019, the drop in great goalies who are clearly top-100 all-time players was repeatedly discussed.

Sawchuk went absurdly low, as did Vezina and Gardiner.

Forgotten in line building: A goaltender is usually one of the top stars on a successful team.

This was the year several teams started loading up on d early, like, all 4 d.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
So can we pick anyone in round 21? Ie anyone that didn’t get pick in the first 20 rounds of the redux draft?

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
No no no.

Jean Beliveau cannot be picked in round 21.

Read the op carefully.

ANY player not drafted in rounds 1-20 of ATD 2021 (not in ATD REDUX - see the diff) is fair game to be picked in rounds 21-24 of ATD 2021 REDUX.

Last edited:

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Dave Keon would have looked good on my 2nd line, I'll go with the next best thing and select Pavel Datsyuk. I'll also pick Goalie Turk Broda.

Reactions: Hawkey Town 18

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad