At the break - A poll: Do the Jackets make the playoffs

Will the Jackets make the playoffs?

• Total voters

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I finally voted "Yes" on this poll today... Sorry, I've been MIA the last month (like the Jacket's offense). Been working quite a bit this year. Consistently about 52-80 hours a week since Thanksgiving.

As so, I'm just not "as enthusiastic" about Jacket's hockey currently as I was last year. But, I probably would have trended "no" a week or two ago... Fact is when people were saying "We are still #2 in the Metro"- We had played about 3 extra games. Thankfully, some of the Metro has cooled off a little bit. But, the Metro is still crazy close. #2-#7 all separated by 5 points...

Hoping Atkinson returning in a week or so can hopefully bring about some offense. Dubinsky would allow one of the AHL'ers to go back to Cleveland. Josh Anderson- Find a "game". Panarin- I won't rag on him so much- since he's the best offensive presence we have on this team- But, he has hit a TON of posts all dang year. Seen a theory earlier- But, maybe we do need to try and separate Seth Jones and Zach Werenski when Ryan Murray returns from injury.

I'm just not quite sure this team has it in them to even make a noise in the playoffs either to be honest.. I know "Bob" playing like Vezina Bob is certainly a possibility- But, I don't quite see the offense just being there this year to even help out IF he did.

Anyways, I feel like this team could do just enough to sneak into the playoffs in a Wildcard spot, but I feel like it's going to be a quick exit. Plus, I'm not quite sure I am advocating for us to "be buyers" come trade deadline at this point either.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Metropolitan Division reset

Snip:
Outlook: Bobrovsky gives the Blue Jackets a chance to win every night, but he needs help, particularly from his special teams. If the power play can find a way to get going down the stretch, the Blue Jackets' chances of clinching a playoff berth will be that much stronger.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I have been in Florida the past week so I did not get a chance to see the 2 West Coast games so far. But from reading the threads on those games, what concerns me is how poor we appear to be playing defensively. Take away all the offensive problems and it still seems that defensively, where Torts is supposed to be strongest as a coach, we are making mistake after mistake. We can no longer win those 2-1 or 1-0 games when we are giving up 4 or 5 goals per game which seems to be the case over the past month. No PP, no PK, no offense, no defense tend to lead to no wins.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I think this Michael Jordan crying gif sums it up

mjl.gif

gocbj

Aug 3, 2007
C9
Florida is trending to 91.1 points. We are trending to 88.21.

So we might look like we are in the 2nd WC spot, but we are actually 3 points out.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Florida is trending to 91.1 points. We are trending to 88.21.

So we might look like we are in the 2nd WC spot, but we are actually 3 points out.

I think we have a better chance to catch the Devils. They still have their west coast trip ahead of them. Florida is on fire and has 3 games in hand, things can change overnight, but I don't see Florida not making the playoffs.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Looked at a probability chart to make the playoffs... We are sitting at about 39% likelihood to make the playoffs. Carolina is at about 14%. NY Islanders and NY Rangers are at about 3% probability.

But, it does bear true that we might have to hope for the Devils to not make it into the playoffs. Devils have a 68% likelihood of the playoffs, Florida is at 72%.

But, I suddenly don't feel as good about our chances to make it in as I did about a week ago. I haven't given up hope, but we'll have to play more consistently and win slightly more games than what we have been doing all year. But, I'm resigning today as a loss most likely to Vegas since Korpi is in net.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Looked at a probability chart to make the playoffs... We are sitting at about 39% likelihood to make the playoffs. Carolina is at about 14%. NY Islanders and NY Rangers are at about 3% probability.

But, it does bear true that we might have to hope for the Devils to not make it into the playoffs. Devils have a 68% likelihood of the playoffs, Florida is at 72%.

But, I suddenly don't feel as good about our chances to make it in as I did about a week ago. I haven't given up hope, but we'll have to play more consistently and win slightly more games than what we have been doing all year. But, I'm resigning today as a loss most likely to Vegas since Korpi is in net.
It only takes a couple games for those numbers to change drastically.

But I feel the same, I'm cautiously optimistic, knowing the playoffs aren't likely.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
I haven't voted yet. It's clear they are a bubble team. They also have an easier schedule than Philly, New Jersey and Florida. I'm leaning towards getting in.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I truly believe that Florida is a lock for the playoffs even though they are currently not in a playoff spot. They have been playing way too good to not get in. I understand they have a tough schedule coming in but so does NJ. As evidenced last night, NJ goes as Hall goes. He is literally their team. Bringing in Grabner has hurt the team’s chemistry and he’s been useless. 0 goals in 8 games. Schneider has been bad, and Kinkaid is not reliable (although he played solid against Nashville last night)

It will come down to us and NJ, ultimately. Whether that’s for the 1st or 2nd WC spot, TBD. I like our chances. I believe we will be in the 1st wc spot with florida in the 2nd WC spot after the season ends.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I truly believe that Florida is a lock for the playoffs even though they are currently not in a playoff spot. They have been playing way too good to not get in. I understand they have a tough schedule coming in but so does NJ. As evidenced last night, NJ goes as Hall goes. He is literally their team. Bringing in Grabner has hurt the team’s chemistry and he’s been useless. 0 goals in 8 games. Schneider has been bad, and Kinkaid is not reliable (although he played solid against Nashville last night)

It will come down to us and NJ, ultimately. Whether that’s for the 1st or 2nd WC spot, TBD. I like our chances. I believe we will be in the 1st wc spot with florida in the 2nd WC spot after the season ends.

I'm with you on Florida. They are a flat out good hockey team. Reimer is a second string goalie who was killing them. Their young guns are firing on all cylinders now. The Panthers have a chance to be last season's Nashville-a low seed who makes a ton of noise in the playoffs.

I'm not sold on the CBJ making it. They outplayed their last 2 opponents, but were lucky to win the previous two. The offense has come to life of late. Is that the sign of a real awakening or is it a dead cat bounce? We'll see.

I'm also not putting Carolina out of the mix yet. There are a few nails in their coffin but it's not completely shut. They have an outside chance of making the post season.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Eastern Conference Playoff Chances

TEAMPOINTSGAMES LEFT
(H/A)
MONEY
PUCK
SPORTS CLUB
STATS
HOCKEY
VIZ