Prospect Info: At 24th Overall the Jets Select Kristian Vesalainen

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
So Karpat and Assat are facing each other in the playoffs now, right? What is the series standing at? Not an easy thing to Google.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I don't remember seeing a goal clip where he's banging one in from in tight. He seems to score a lot of a fair distance like Laine.

boydkc

Aug 2, 2015
I have no problem with praising Ehlers for a reason. He has been better this season than he was last season, and I have liked in general the direction his game has gone. Still, his problems are mostly with hogging the puck too much and losing it, and being a bit blind with seeing open teammates. These things have become better at least by some margin, but not that much yet that I could see him as a real line driver. Wheeler is a clear line driver, and so is Scheifele. Otherwise I don’t see the Jets having any other so called drivers. Even Perreault is not that kind of a player, although he can sometimes help a line become succesful with his tenacity and make the players around him better with it.

But to be a real line driver you need to be able to keep the game in control constantly and to be able to very well do efficient playmaking and create constantly scoring chances. This is why it is silly that Maurice uses the only line drivers he has in the same line over and over again.
If I was the GM and or coach of the jets I would look at putting Ehlers into the centre position and play him with Laine and Veselainen next season. Ehler’s defensive game has improved a great deal this year and I see a ton of Zhamnov in him.

scarbrow21

Feb 15, 2017
Winnipeg
If I was the GM and or coach of the jets I would look at putting Ehlers into the centre position and play him with Laine and Veselainen next season. Ehler’s defensive game has improved a great deal this year and I see a ton of Zhamnov in him.
I'd sooner try Vesalainen at C TBH as I could see him being a big strong two way C with a dangerous scoring threat of his own, combined with the lethality of the two guys on his wings!

Reactions: Ippenator

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
ive watched zhamnov play live so many games. ehlers is like the furthest thing from him.

Reactions: Ippenator

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
With Laine, Connor and Ehlers all having 103 combined goals, I’m up in arms with our potential to win the Cup this year but with all of them still developing I don’t see how we aren’t the highest potential team in the league(for the next 10 years) and then you rembwr you have Vesalainen who looks like another Elite Goalscorer...

I wonder if he fits in our lineup at RW or LW when he comes in though.

Reactions: Mestaruus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad