Prospect Info: At 24th Overall the Jets Select Kristian Vesalainen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Haha I actually tried for real! I told them I could contribute giant weekly prospect reports but never heard back.

But anyway, to end the 2nd period in style:

Well now maybe you have a supporter on the inside ;)

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Leskinen just had a terrible shift, gave the puck away cleanly two separate times and we're tied 2-2 with just over a minute left.

Pro tip - Don't give it away to Heiskanen.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
At the start of 17-18 I remember seeing Vesalainen missing so many one timers in a way he didnt really even hit the puck. Now he is banging them in like that. Very impressing progression

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
It clearly should have been an easy decision to take Granlund over Burmistrov in 2010 given the big difference in competition the two players were facing and the fact that their stat lines were very similar. Oh well!
I think the Thrashers were drafting for NHL readiness - they were giving added weight to guys who'd be available to play their D+1 years in Atlanta. Shiny new toys to try to sell some tickets. Their last three 1st rounders all stepped right in (Bogo, Kane and Burmi). To the long-term detriment of the team, it would seem.

Reactions: SoCalJetsFan

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
At the start of 17-18 I remember seeing Vesalainen missing so many one timers in a way he didnt really even hit the puck. Now he is banging them in like that. Very impressing progression
Just think of the Finnish national team's power play in the future best against best tournaments! Laine, Aho, Barkov, Rantanen, Tolvanen, Vesalainen and Puljujärvi - man they all can shoot and pass very well! And add also Granlund and Teräväinen whom both are excellent with the puck and passing and both have even learned to shoot pretty well too. Damn I can’t wait for the next best against best tournament! Just have to hope that our coaching will match the quality of the players. Jalonen or Westerlund as the coach, should really guarantee a great team with a well working playing style.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I had a good feeling about him pre draft, but dammit has he surpassed my hopes for him this season.
Truly an elite +1 season by him, and he's such a good fir for the Jets.

Size, Speed, Skill, what the lineup is built on.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
KV just oozes skill. He's a really big kid, but is a very good skater. He has a great shot, and you can now see that his vision and passing is improving. If his work ethic is good, he's going to be a dandy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad