Prospect Info: At 24th Overall the Jets Select Kristian Vesalainen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Can someone please explain to me why Vesa is playing on a new team? Or if he is at all haha sorry in advance just confused

He was traded at the Liiga deadline to Karpat because his old team won't be in the playoffs

Reactions: D1G

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Can someone please explain to me why Vesa is playing on a new team? Or if he is at all haha sorry in advance just confused

It's called a "rest of season" loan I guess. Teams not making the playoffs will loan their best players out. I imagine it's a money thing? I'm honestly not really sure. But he is with Karpat for the rest of the season, and they're the best team in the league.

Reactions: D1G

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
It's called a "rest of season" loan I guess. Teams not making the playoffs will loan their best players out. I imagine it's a money thing? I'm honestly not really sure. But he is with Karpat for the rest of the season, and they're the best team in the league.
Yes, it's about saving money.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
lvzurpU.png

A "who do you think will score first" poll :naughty:

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
This kid seems really cold blooded. Nothing fazes him. You could see it in the WJC when every other Finn was nervous in the shootout and he just went out there and destroyed the goalie. Lots of 3rd period clutch goals in Liiga, i feel.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
From 2-0 KooKoo to 3-2 Karpat now. Vesalainen scored the first and Lasu scored the other two.

Jets draft pick Vesalainen and Thrashers draft pick Lasu. :D

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Vesalainen up to 20 goals. One more goal and he ties Barkov and a few others for the 2nd most goals ever in a Liiga season as a U-19 player. His season has sort of a Kyle Connor d+1 feel. Started a bit slow, and then just took off and is now putting together an historically impressive season for his league. Really good prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad