Prospect Info: At 16th Overall the Rangers Select Brennan Othmann

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Rangers should be red white and blue like the USA and Captain America. I'm not a fan of those red jerseys at all. Too close to NJ Devils colors.
Those are red white and blue doe... :)
I mean Devils have had red, black, green, white.. sooner or later you run out of colors trying to not look the same. I don't mind having a red look. Devils weren't the only team to use red, and as a 3rd it's hardly used. I'm sure you aren't the only one who would think too much like our rivals, but we're in need of something fresh and new. Wave goodbye to the horrible Liberty logo once and for all!!

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
We may not have top young prospects but I'm optomistic about the 3 guys we have drafted recently. Sykora looks like he has real skating and tennacity. Oth looks like he cane become a legit winger. Perrault is the wild card. Maybe not a dynamic skater yet but really good at almost everything else.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
We may not have top young prospects but I'm optomistic about the 3 guys we have drafted recently. Sykora looks like he has real skating and tennacity. Oth looks like he cane become a legit winger. Perrault is the wild card. Maybe not a dynamic skater yet but really good at almost everything else.

Here's how I see them, with the line and the letter indicating the likelihood of them getting there

Othmann: 2B
Perreault: 1C
Sýkora: 3B
Berard: 3C
McConnell-Barker: 3D
Edström: 4B
Rempe: 4D

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Here's how I see them, with the line and the letter indicating the likelihood of them getting there

I'm seeing a lot to be excited about here. All of the types of players we've overpaid for over the years. Whether in free agency or with draft currency. Very cool to see.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
So narrow-minded.
I get that you’re an outside the box thinker as a European fan and don’t have strong ties to the red white and blue color scheme (I’ve loved it since teeny due to being our flags colors) but come on the red jersey looks exactly like the classic devils jersey. Might as well throw in some orange and blue jerseys for the alternate. There are a ton of variations and color schemes based on our general colors and jersey that we can use without needing to mimic our rivals.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

I do not know if Sykora will be a 3rd line guy (hopefully) but I do expect him to have a legit chance to make it at least on the 4th line. He can be a forechecking pest.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I get that you see yourself as an outside the box thinker as a European fan and don’t have strong ties to the red white and blue color scheme (I’ve loved it since teeny due to being our flags colors) but come on the red jersey looks exactly like the classic devils jersey. Might as well throw in some orange and blue jerseys for the alternate. There are a ton of variations and color schemes based on our general colors and jersey that we can use without needing to mimic our rivals.

Well, they should have an alternate jersey with blue and orange. It's literally the city colours. It will never happen though, because too many fans will cry about it (Not directed at you, just want to make that clear). They're not looking to replace the blue or white jersey. It's an alternate jersey.

The Blue Jackets had a red jersey, the Canadiens had a blue jersey. It's really not that big of a deal. That's not a "European point of view". It's a mature take on what jerseys are and that it's not that serious.

We are talking about an alternate jersey.

Last edited:
Reactions: rangersfansince08

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017

Not to quibble but I think 2B is more realistic for Perrault. Agree with the rest.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Well, they should have an alternate jersey with blue and orange. It's literally the city colours. It will never happen though, because too many fans will cry about it (Not directed at you, just want to make that clear). They're not looking to replace the blue or white jersey. It's an alternate jersey.

The Blue Jackets had a red jersey, the Canadiens had a blue jersey. It's really not that big of a deal. That's not a "European point of view". It's a mature take on what jerseys are and that it's not that serious.

‘Mature take’ when discussing sports fandom, EF that lol, if there’s one place where emotion can rule over logic, it’s sports!

Blue and Orange is the Islanders in hockey, I don’t care what the NYC flag colors are, and if the Rangers did blue and orange I’d 100% pull out my soap box and complain about it online.

The Empire State Building was paid by the NFL last year to put the colors of the winner of the Giants Eagles playoff game. It could have been any set of teams but it was decided months beforehand to do the color shtick, and the game just happened to the NY Giants against the hated Philadelphia Eagles. Eagles won and the building put their colors up and tweeted congrats to the team.

I’m still traumatized, it was a calamity I tell you!

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

I guess I'm immature. I just look at it as traditional. The Rangers have a long history. I would like to stay with our traditions. Before you say that MTL did it so we should as well. I would say MTL traded MCD for Scott Gomez. Would you say we should do that as well? :D

Reactions: Guyute

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
No way could we do blue and orange. Regardless of anything city-related, those are the Islanders' colors. Plenty of other things we can do for alternates with local iconography like the Lady Liberty sweater. The Yankees would never do a blue and orange jersey because that's the Mets' color scheme and also because their uniform is pretty much timeless. I'm not saying the Rangers' are on that level but within the hockey world, the Rangers sweater is iconic.

The red base sweaters are fine for Hartford but we would need to add A LOT of other stuff to it. The Hartford sweaters, if we did something similar, they'd immediately invoke the Devils' sweaters. No bueno.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
I honestly dig the dark navy 1920's 'New York' letters crest. The darker the better. Wish they could come up with cool non-neon black and blue jerseys.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
I guess I'm immature. I just look at it as traditional. The Rangers have a long history. I would like to stay with our traditions. Before you say that MTL did it so we should as well. I would say MTL traded MCD for Scott Gomez. Would you say we should do that as well? :D

i'm with you on the jerseys, not a fan of red. even more than tradition, just don't like the look at all aesthetically but everyone's entitled to an opinion. tradition is def also a factor though, i'm a big fan of classic jerseys and teams bringing those back even if they make some minor changes to a throwback template. above all...do not bring in some roller hockey concepts with loud color brightness/tones, absurd fonts, or ridiculous striping.

i don't mind the liberty's or them occasionally bringing in a new concept, but i really wish they'd bring back some old school beauties. nobody has done alternate jerseys better than the bruins the last few years, just find whoever is behind the design process for them and hire em. get me the early 90s mesh jerseys with the more steeply arched name plates and base color under the stripes at the bottom.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad