Red Sox/MLB ASTROS WIN THE WORLD SERIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
#BringBackBobbyV :sarcasm:
Yeah, why not give the guy a second chance? Things didn't go THAT bad the first time if I remember correctly. I don't know how to put the sarcastic thing here so just picture it instead.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
How do you get picked off 1st base bu jon lester?

With that being said, he has a ho hum .96 ERA in the NLDS. one start and one lengthy relief appearance. Will never forget some of the fools on here who hot on him for not being a great regular season pitcher.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The Sox core should be Betts, Benintendi, Bogearts, and Devers.

Bogearts turned 25 October 1. The rest are between 20-24.

I would look long and hard at JD Martinez

Make the Encarnacion offer 4/80 and move Hanley picking up money if can

Mookie turned 25 last week.

Seems most fans drastically overestimate the importance of a major league manager, especially in the American league.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
David Price says Brad Ausmus best manager he's ever played for

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Let me tell you something, Ron Gardenhire would last about two games here. He is one of the worst in-game managers I've ever seen. He botched multiple playoff series against the Yankees. Totally in over his head. If you hated Farrell's decision making, you'll actually murder Gardenhire.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Let me tell you something, Ron Gardenhire would last about two games here. He is one of the worst in-game managers I've ever seen. He botched multiple playoff series against the Yankees. Totally in over his head. If you hated Farrell's decision making, you'll actually murder Gardenhire.
I agree

Gammons starting the Ausmus drum beat but Sean Casey brought up Cora and Kapler

Forgot about 'Gabe the Babe' according to some women I know and they were not referring to Ruth

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I won't watch a single game if they hire Gardenhire.
Yah I am with you

Gardenhire would be horrible and show Dombrowski doesn't understand this market

Ausmus at least was from New England and grew up a Red Sox fan and understands what he is getting into

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Statement from John Farrell
Despite an end to this season that we all wanted to be different, I am proud of this ball club and the resiliency shown. I have enjoyed every moment of this job -- its peaks and its valleys. There are few, if any, positions in life that create so much passion on a daily basis.

I am grateful to an ownership group that gave me such a unique opportunity, and one that shared my desire to bring World Series championships to this great city. They supported me through a challenging and scary period in my own life, and I remain forever indebted. I am grateful to two front office groups that worked tirelessly to provide me with the players that could consistently match up with the very best in the game. Their time and resources made my job so much easier and fulfilling.

I am thankful for fellow coaches who are far more than that -- they are close friends. They have provided the necessary direction, guidance and humor that have made the daily activities of a long season all that much more enjoyable.

I am especially grateful for five years of great players -- and people. This game has always been built around and for the players, and I have tried to respect that for five years in Boston. I have witnessed Hall of Famers, memorable Fenway wins and countless private moments that will always be with me. Those relationships will remain cherished for years.

The legions of fans who support this franchise keep their manager on his toes day in and day out. There are no days off when managing this proud franchise. I would not have wanted it any other way.

Again, I thank John Henry, Tom Werner, Michael Gordon and the ownership team for their faith in me and wish them nothing but the best moving forward.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
David Price says Brad Ausmus best manager he's ever played for
Troubling in that he may have had a country club under Ausmus and that's why he speaks highly of him.

I'm pretty well David Priced out at this point.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
He's a crybaby but very impressed by Sabathia. Thought he was finished. Really wouldn't be surprised to see the Yanks win the whole damn thing.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Don’t think people know what the term “in game manager” means.

Nonsensical to knock Farrell for trying to get his pitchers right before the post season. Barnes being the 8th inning guy early in the season cost us exactly nothing. The issue is not having an 8th inning guy to start with. Same people who point out Joe Kelly were begging the Sox to release him.

I’ve seen tears over Holt being in the majors. Guy plays all 9 positions, can field them all okay and isn’t super slow on the base paths. He makes many teams playoff roster for that alone.

It’s easy to call someone a bad “in game manager” when we sit and analyze AFTER the fact.

Wasn’t Farrell that signed Price. Wasn’t Farrell that traded Lester. Wasn’t Farrell that traded Shaw. Wasn’t Farrell that sent Moreland on a border line IF fly. Wasn’t Farrell that gave up a dingo to tie the game. Wasn’t Farrell that gave up the winning run in the 8th.

Put the onus on the players that don’t succeed and the front office that didn’t have all its ducks in a row.

Guy won back to back AL East titles after losing Ortiz after last season, and their highest paid pitcher this season.

We can cry, bitch and moan but Farrell deserves props.

Well, this is the same fan base that has run should be Boston lifers, Tito, Julien and Chiarelli so I should know by now not to expect much.

Reminder: the Sox has Doug Fister start in the playoffs by necessity.

Reactions: frozenrubber

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Ya, no. Nobody is blaming farrell for everything. But he's not a good manager. Nothing wrong with wanting a better manager while also realizing the roster needs to be improved as well.

"Undefensible"--john smoltz

And then he dropped an ursula like from little mermaid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad