Assuming Mack & Kuch are top 2 hart in some order - who will be #3? McDavid or Matthews? Or someone else?

Who finishes 3rd in hart assuming Kuch and Mack are top 2?

• Total voters

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Still too up in the air, but if McDavid misses the rest of the year and Matthews finishes strong, I think it might be Matthews over McDavid.
I took McDavid but didn't realize that he might be out

If the Norris didn't exist Hughes would have a strong case.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Matthews. Mcdavid has likely fallen out of the top 3 now. 70 goals is 70 goals. Mcdavids calling card was hitting 100 assists. Now that kuch will as well and has also opened a 11 point lead in the 140s. Mcdavids season doesnt look all that "special anymore" 70 goals is the talk of the town

Remember when you said McDavid wouldn't score 100 points, never mind 120?

Good times.

Reactions: NeverForget06

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Bit of a fizzle finish for MacKinnon. Still wouldn’t be shocked if McDavid came back with two games left and passed him in the scoring race. Would make the Hart top 4 order really up in the air

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
We can quote you. Are you able to do the same on your two points?
Yes but im not going too.

Would likely be one of the worst (and most biased top-5 Hart finishes of all time if so. Guys 12th in goals and 15th in points, and isn’t even remotely close to top-5 in points or goals.

Would be a very Canadian media driven bias if so.
Hey im not a voter. Just what I have been reading.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Would likely be one of the worst (and most biased top-5 Hart finishes of all time if so. Guys 12th in goals and 15th in points, and isn’t even remotely close to top-5 in points or goals.

Sid’s been probably better than his totals this year, but yea, with so many good candidates, 5th is a real stretch. After Kucherov and the 3 M’s, you still have Panarin, Pastrnak, Hughes, Hellebuyck. Could maybe see him after that.

crowfish

Jun 3, 2011
I mean they used Matthews scoring 60 as a reason to steal an MVP from Connor :thumbu:

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Fairly certain nobody on this website has said that....

Tho You could argue he was on Lemieux's level in the 2023 playoffs. Had a better PPG than Lemieux did in 1991.
Those would be very bad arguments. But you are entitled to your opinion.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Bit of a fizzle finish for MacKinnon. Still wouldn’t be shocked if McDavid came back with two games left and passed him in the scoring race. Would make the Hart top 4 order really up in the air

Seems unlikely. He's 8 points back, but it's really 9 since MacKinnon has the tie-breaker in goals.
And even if McDavid plays all 3 games left, that's still only 2 games in-hand, as McKinnon has 1 game too. Against Oilers.

I'm pretty certain Kucherov and MacKinnon will finish top 2 in hart. I think it's Kucherov's to lose at this point, especially if he can add a few more points in his final 2 games to widen the gap even more.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Seems unlikely. He's 8 points back, but it's really 9 since MacKinnon has the tie-breaker in goals.
And even if McDavid plays all 3 games left, that's still only 2 games in-hand, as McKinnon has 1 game too. Against Oilers.

I'm pretty certain Kucherov and MacKinnon will finish top 2 in hart. I think it's Kucherov's to lose at this point, especially if he can add a few more points in his final 2 games to widen the gap even more.

I meant more in a “this race has been wild and McDavid is incredible way” than a genuine way

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site

Must be nice to haul this out when you don't like how the media votes.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Maybe offensively, but the guy has not played defence.

It hasn’t been good but since so much of his scoring is at ES, he’s out scoring that a lot and I think his numbers are partly because of the team needing the offense. I wouldn’t call him a top 10 player this year but I can see him 9 or 10 in Hart before giving votes to the second best players on teams (Miller, Makar), or teams where the MVP isn’t as clear (Florida, Nashville).

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Only thing Leafs and Oilers fans should be focused on is winning... like what the two guys leading the hart trophy race have already done !

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
Must be nice to haul this out when you don't like how the media votes.
How is it wrong? You love to just disagree with shit without any substance at all. One poster mentioned that he thinks Crosby could get some high-placement votings to finish top-5. I illustrated how he (rightfully so) should be nowhere near the top-5 in any Hart ballot. If he does, it's 100% just name recognition for a (rightfully so) beloved player. Not because he deserves it.

Reactions: Voight

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
How is it wrong? You love to just disagree with shit without any substance at all. One poster mentioned that he thinks Crosby could get some high-placement votings to finish top-5. I illustrated how he (rightfully so) should be nowhere near the top-5 in any Hart ballot. If he does, it's 100% just name recognition for a (rightfully so) beloved player. Not because he deserves it.

There is precedent for him getting Hart nods above what his point totals would normally not dictate.

He was 5th in points in 18/19 and finished 2nd.

He was 10th in points in 20/21 and finished 4th.

This year he has more goals and has notably stepped up in the last few weeks after the Pens, and him, were completely written off after Guentzel was traded.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Not even sure the Oilers make the play offs without McDavid. They simply can't score much without him in the line up. McDavid is up there.

I think his team would take the biggest hit without him for the full season of all the candidates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad