Speculation: Asset value

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I don’t believe a player is going to stomp their feet and have a hissy fit. But, if either side is unprofessional there’s not much you can do about.
Got it.
Here is the thing. There must be a basis of remuneration. Matthews and Nylander could easily engage (with the leafs consent) in a contract renewal discussion with the new team. Marner can't until next summer. There is no quo for the quid of that for the this. It is hardly unprofessional to not cede a contractual element of a contract negotiated and agreed to in good faith, for nothing.

Reactions: Arzak

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It’s their right, but to be uncooperative when both parties agree they’re moving on would be a strange position to take.
Yes it would be if they both agree. Not sure how you can be agreeable and uncooperative at the same time.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
If a player refused a trade we be like………..how do you like your 6 minutes of 4th line duty. That should help your next contract a lot.
Time to take back the power

That's basically it, minus the refused trade crap, you can't trade player with full NMC.

The media would not stomach Marner on 4th line.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Not denying it could or has happened but what are some recent examples of players with full NMC on a contender waiving to leave?

I don’t think that is true at all.

They aren't moving Matthews because they contenders why would they do that?

All I'm saying is the notion that they can't If they wanted to is stupid it happens all the time

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I doubt the team has any intention of ever trading Matthews or Marner (like they likely don't with Nylander), but imo lots of folks in this thread are overestimating the impact that NMCs have on trade value. Plenty of guys with them end up getting traded if the situation arises

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
They aren't moving Matthews because they contenders why would they do that?

All I'm saying is the notion that they can't If they wanted to is stupid it happens all the time
Should be easy to provide examples then.
Not disputing it just don’t recall it happening

I doubt the team has any intention of ever trading Matthews or Marner (like they likely don't with Nylander), but imo lots of folks in this thread are overestimating the impact that NMCs have on trade value. Plenty of guys with them end up getting traded if the situation arises
Who in this situation?

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
At this moment in time Knies has to rate above Tavares because he makes so little and is likely to contribute quite a bit.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad