Confirmed with Link: Artemi Panarin, Tyler Motte, 6th (17) to Columbus for Saad, Forsberg, 5th (18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
The shot itself looks really damn hard to me. Maybe if there's no goalie there... but dat angle. Then you add in the other 2 guys trying to stop him. Hubba hubba wubba lubba.
I mean it's just a really quick backhand to forehand with a super quick release. And as far as the angle, when I was young I played goalie growing up and one of the first things you learn is to play the puck and not the body, so by pulling it from his backhand to his forward and quickly getting the shot off it left Grubauer absolutely no time to react or adjust. I'm not trying to say the shot was easy, but just because you can't see a hole from your angle, doesn't mean it's not there. The puck on your stick sees a completely different angle, so try to think as if you could see from the pucks POV.

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
Well I mean yeah, it was a combination of quick hands and quick feet. He practices a lot of stick handling and I'm sure he does a lot of agility and skating drills, but I'm not sure exactly how you would practice that particular move. I think it was just a culmination of years and years of stick handling and skating drills.

The move and the shot aren't difficult by themselves. It's doing it at full speed with two guys draped all over him that makes it special.
I mean playing at wing there 2 optons were you can move puck - to center or cut around defender. Sure that was sick fast shoot but it is result of his skill and trainings and that was planned before because he know how s that works for himself and his skills. You just cant play at wing not training basic moves and thatis basic for russian LW - cut around and wrister but success is based on skill level for sure

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CalBuckeyeRob

Feb 25, 2012
I mean it's just a really quick backhand to forehand with a super quick release. And as far as the angle, when I was young I played goalie growing up and one of the first things you learn is to play the puck and not the body, so by pulling it from his backhand to his forward and quickly getting the shot off it left Grubauer absolutely no time to react or adjust. I'm not trying to say the shot was easy, but just because you can't see a hole from your angle, doesn't mean it's not there. The puck on your stick sees a completely different angle, so try to think as if you could see from the pucks POV.

But it does take a very advanced skill to ignore what your eyes see as the opportunity and know there is a very small opening there that can't be seen.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
But it does take a very advanced skill to ignore what your eyes see as the opportunity and know there is a very small opening there that can't be seen.
Like I've said in previous post, hockey is a game of reflexes, if you have to think about what you're going to do, it's too late.

That's the difference between the McDs, Panarins, Kane's and the Calverts, Sedlaks, etc of the league. They don't need to think the game, they just react and they've trained their reactions to an elite level. You mix that with a high hockey iq(ability to read the game) and that play is the result.

Sure Calvert might get a spinorama beaut every now and then, but to do what Panarin does on a game to game basis takes something special. Some guys could train harder than they ever have and still not be close to his abilities. Some guys just have "it".

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
man that kid is unreal. He realizes that he have superman inside him and guys around him begins to beleive that. Team and Even the mr Tortorella have cellys like Panarin - shot on point
This my favourite celly-superman celebration after detroit game.

There is Huge Real Big Man inside that little Guy
29717555_1592643837438518_3237976707742826496_n-jpg.114249

Attachments

• 29717555_1592643837438518_3237976707742826496_n.jpg
    29717555_1592643837438518_3237976707742826496_n.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
That's what I love about hockey. I'm sure he's never tried or done that move before. He just saw a opening and reacted. That's one thing I've learned from playing 20 years, if you have to think about what you're doing, you took to long.

I'll be sure to try that move sometime at the rink though, I'm the kind of guy who will miss the wide open net but bury the hardest of shots I have no business finishing :laugh:

Theres like 3 separate moves to practice to even be able to get that shot off like he did, so this might take awhile.
Hes done it numerous times in his career. He has played professionally for almost a decade now, lets remember that

Reactions: thebus88

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I stand by what I said. He is a generational talent but at wing rather than at center.
Ovechkin is a generational winger. Then I think it stops, even Kane in his prime (alongside Panarin) wasn’t called generational.

He’s borderline superstar though. It’s the best trade Jackets ever done.

Reactions: CharlotteJacket

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Ovechkin is a generational winger. Then I think it stops, even Kane in his prime (alongside Panarin) wasn’t called generational.

He’s borderline superstar though. It’s the best trade Jackets ever done.

Semantics.

He's definitely a "superstar" when it comes to actual skill and "impact" on the ice.

Maybe not "Western" and/or "NHL related perception", quite yet.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Also somewhat related and to "pile on" a bit...

As someone who was born, raised and lives in MI, 1 of the main/only reasons (besides Nash, and the Redwings becoming the "Yankees" of NHL) I became a fan of the CBJ is because of Nikolai Zherdev. Having Panarin in Columbus and watching him regularly makes me think of Zherdev quite a bit. Dude was an extremely talented player and showed glimpses of "special" at times, even late into his time on the CBJ. Wonder what he coulda been.... Oh well, here we are now with Panarin/Jones and others, and a LEGIT GOOD TEAM.

But, for some of you, you could blame MacLean, among other things, for me being "here".

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Semantics.

He's definitely a "superstar" when it comes to actual skill and "impact" on the ice.

There can be many superstars, but there's only a few generational players in the league in any decade. Crosby and Ovi are really the only true, proven generational players in the league. They solidified their places in the HOF years ago.

Ruudukkopupuset

Mar 29, 2018
Semantics.

You have came unto the lines of the Leading One as he criticized the false perception of the highest as the NHL by using Ovetshkin as an example who most often has not been the king of the field in World Championships, Olympics and World Cup where playbooks tend to be more refined.

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
Panarin is Leader. His main skill - that is makes team better sharing them his will, mentality and just different response to the game. He just never even think about to give up and team responds him. In that case i think better have Panarin than a lot of other "superstars" who would think only about personal stats.

Reactions: Jackets Fan

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
panarin said:
''In Chicago, I played with Kane and got a lot of assists from him,'' Panarin said. ''But I always wanted something more, to put more of the game on myself and be more accountable for the result. Here, I got that, what I wanted.'' ........

''When they first traded me, of course for a couple days, I worried,'' he said. ''But then I calmed down and understood that this is all good for me. I understood that here I would progress as a player first and foremost. What's most important to me isn't money, but the whole game.''

Panarin coming up big for Blue Jackets

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Only criticism I have of him is that sometimes he tries to do too much. Although that is probably due to no one being in position to take advantage of his passing skills.

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
Only criticism I have of him is that sometimes he tries to do too much. Although that is probably due to no one being in position to take advantage of his passing skills.
in that case he reminds me his little dog. Both tries to do much more

Daytonian

Nov 6, 2014
Dayton OH
Also somewhat related and to "pile on" a bit...

As someone who was born, raised and lives in MI, 1 of the main/only reasons (besides Nash, and the Redwings becoming the "Yankees" of NHL) I became a fan of the CBJ is because of Nikolai Zherdev. Having Panarin in Columbus and watching him regularly makes me think of Zherdev quite a bit. Dude was an extremely talented player and showed glimpses of "special" at times, even late into his time on the CBJ. Wonder what he coulda been.... Oh well, here we are now with Panarin/Jones and others, and a LEGIT GOOD TEAM.

But, for some of you, you could blame MacLean, among other things, for me being "here".

But Panerin is a real hockey player. He creates and scores but acutely does much more, the dirty work that Zherdev seldom ever did.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
but

I'd agree.. Although, I tend to let him slide with the "trying to do too much", as his skill allows him to get away with it in all 3 zones as compared to other players... But, I believe there were a couple plays on Thursday night, where it kind of backfired on him. Seth Jones defending a 3 on 1 by himself was one example.

Although, I tend to not get as upset at players like Seth Jones, Panarin, or Cam Atkinson as others in the stadium typically do for their oddball mistake, since they are typically so reliable.

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
Man if they loose to WSH i wouldnt suprise that AP will leave. IF he didnt need money (like rumors said) you should give him real SC chances but nobody would see them here.

Reactions: akmuo33
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad