Artemi Panarin Hits 120PTS (Passes Ovechkin & Malkin Career Highs, Ties Crosby)

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Let's see how many points he'll score in the playoffs...
Him and Marner got the most to prove

Both have had elite reg seasons and both havent done enough come playoff time

Panarin has a chance the shed the cjoker label. Needs a big playoffs. Hes capable. Not much worse as a player than Kucherov since he joined the Rangers in the regular season

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
One of the greatest players to ever play for the Rangers which is saying a lot. But he has to do it in the playoffs. There are stretches where he looks like the best player in the world and can create offense at will and other games where he disappears. If he wanted to and dedicated himself to it he would win a Hart trophy. He has the skill for it but not always the heart.

I actually think Panarin has about a big a heart as you’ll find in the NHL. He has overcome ridiculous obstacles to make it to the NHL and has an unwavering work ethic.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I actually think Panarin has about a big a heart as you’ll find in the NHL. He has overcome ridiculous obstacles to make it to the NHL and has an unwavering work ethic.

When a player plays below his standards everyone blames heart on it. But somehow it didn't take heart to have a career year after last year's down year.

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
One of the greatest players to ever play for the Rangers which is saying a lot. But he has to do it in the playoffs. There are stretches where he looks like the best player in the world and can create offense at will and other games where he disappears. If he wanted to and dedicated himself to it he would win a Hart trophy. He has the skill for it but not always the heart.
I was gonna say, he has the skill and absolutely has the heart. What’s missing? I don’t know, but hopefully he finds it this time around.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
he was lazy last year and refused to shoot. also carried the puck into the zone, stopped, threw it cross ice all the time. this year hes shooting a lot more and has been much more tenacious.
This. A completely different player this year. I can appreciate why he won't, but he should seriously garner some Hart consideration.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
He had 95 in 69 games in 2019-20, Covid robbed him (and others) of their first 100 pointer
I do think Nathan MacKinnon's first was supposed to be coming that year too? I remember that hart race was contentious online and many wanted Panarin beating Drai for the trophy.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Wait he never hit 100pts before?

Only due to shortened seasons and one year because of missing some time with short term injury. He had 95 points in 69 games (113 pts over 82 games) when the Covid shutdown happened. He had 58 points in 42 games (113 per 82) in the shortened season. He had 96 in 75 games (105 per 82) the next season.

This season's Panarin is as tenacious as he was in those first two years (pre-Wilson incident), but he's also shooting a lot more. That's why he's also gotten over 40 goals for the first time in his career while never having even paced that in previous seasons.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Only due to shortened seasons and one year because of missing some time with short term injury. He had 95 points in 69 games (113 pts over 82 games) when the Covid shutdown happened. He had 58 points in 42 games (113 per 82) in the shortened season. He had 96 in 75 games (105 per 82) the next season.

This season's Panarin is as tenacious as he was in those first two years (pre-Wilson incident), but he's also shooting a lot more. That's why he's also gotten over 40 goals for the first time in his career while never having even paced that in previous seasons.
Thanks for the info bro.
Nice bass ya got there.

maddskkilz

Jan 27, 2016
Fascinated with Panarin’s career arc.

Over the last 6 seasons, he is averaging 103 points per 82 games. So glad he finally hit the 100 point mark. I would have him behind Mackinnon for the Hart this year but it’s remarkable what he’s done compared to the other scoring leaders and their respective supporting casts.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Last year sure 2 in 7 was bad.
He's gotten 16 in 20 and 11 in 10 before.
Those aren't bad.

Congrats to Panarin. 11.6 million contract looking real good every year.

Edit: The first Part is regarding his playoff resume and people saying he is a playoff choker.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Product of Lafreniere
pls.png

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Amazing season for Panarin finishing with 49-71-120. One of the most underrated players of his generation.

I think he's a clear 4th for the Hart and is closer than people think to being on the ballot.

Excited to see what he does in the playoffs.

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
Didn't think I'd see a season again in a long long time, where a 120 point campaign is pretty anonymous...

Edit: not as in "not impressive", but as in "we have three guys around 130-140 and a potential 70 goal scorer" stealing the limelight.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Man on a mission and deserving of a top 5 spot in the Hart voting. His goal scoring and consistency this season have been outstanding. Amazing to watch how good he has played knowing there are 3 players who are so far in front of him in the scoring race. There have been some sensational individual performances this year across the league.
Kucherov,mack,mcdavid,matthews , and him at 5? Figured Hughes be there over him. Good year by the bread-and-butter, but he isn't even the best Russian winger.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
He tried to get 50 last night. 49 is still a great number.

Musampa

Aug 3, 2015
In the perfect world he should be a front runner with Kuch for the Hart. “The Hart Memorial Trophy, originally known as the Hart Trophy, is an annual award for the most valuable player to his team in the National Hockey League (NHL)”. It’s not for the best player in the league.

So Oilers is still a playoff team without McDavid, they have Draisaitl.

Colorado is still a playoff team without MacKinnon (Makar, Rantanen).

Toronto is still a playoff team without Matthews (Marner, Nylander, Tavares).

And then we have Kuch with 142 pts, 53 more than next teammate and TB would miss this year playoffs without him.

And Panarin 120 pts, 43 more than next teammate on President Trophy winning team.

So Hart ranking in the perfect world should be

1-2 Kuch&Panarin
3 MacKinnon
4 McDavid
5 Matthews

Reactions: Ruggs225

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad