Artemi Panarin Hits 120PTS (Passes Ovechkin & Malkin Career Highs, Ties Crosby)

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Man on a mission and deserving of a top 5 spot in the Hart voting. His goal scoring and consistency this season have been outstanding. Amazing to watch how good he has played knowing there are 3 players who are so far in front of him in the scoring race. There have been some sensational individual performances this year across the league.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
He’s basically been like MacK before last year where he basically has seasons shortened just enough where he doesn’t hit it.

The reality is 100 is a stupid artificial number that has no real significance but seems to count so much in the eyes of casual fans - and that being the case, I’m thrilled that he got over this imaginary line because the guy is simply one of the best and most exciting offensive players of his era.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
He had 95 in 69 games in 2019-20, Covid robbed him (and others) of their first 100 pointer

It also robbed McDavid of a pretty good shot at the most consecutive 100 point seasons. Just 3 more points in 19/20, and he’d be sitting at 8 consecutive right now, which is only 5 back of Gretzky, and 2 more than anyone else has.

Paced for like 113pts in back to back seasons but they were both Covid shortened ones

Ya, and he even came close the last 2 years.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
It also robbed McDavid of a pretty good shot at the most consecutive 100 point seasons. Just 3 more points in 19/20, and he’d be sitting at 8 consecutive right now, which is only 5 back of Gretzky, and 2 more than anyone else has.

Ya, and he even came close the last 2 years.
Lundqvist’s record of most consecutive 30 win seasons to start a career ended due to the last lockout. Lame.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
One of the greatest players to ever play for the Rangers which is saying a lot. But he has to do it in the playoffs. There are stretches where he looks like the best player in the world and can create offense at will and other games where he disappears. If he wanted to and dedicated himself to it he would win a Hart trophy. He has the skill for it but not always the heart.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
First, I'm surprised he never hit 100 before.

Secondly, am I losing my mind or were the Rangers fans here highly critical of him?

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
First, I'm surprised he never hit 100 before.

Secondly, am I losing my mind or were the Rangers fans here highly critical of him?

Last year he was pretty underwhelming. Ngl I was one of the people who was calling for his head. This year, Panarin's back to his old dominance, and part of that is finding a RW that's really fit well with him & Trocheck. Lafreniere has really played his part in that line's massive improvement over last year.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I could have sworn he’d done it before. Kind of crazy that a guy with a career 94 point pace who’s missed almost no time had never hit 100 before. Congrats to him. He’s a damn good player

He was on pace for it in two Covid shortened seasons and I think one season he was injured or maybe away in Russia because of rumors about him raping someone and he didn't get there. And last year was a down year when he still got 92 points. Before the Rangers he was more of a PPG player.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
1711508553570.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad