Around the NHL XXXIV | Playoff Spectators Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Somebody told me today that Brassard deal was falling through because Pens couldn't fit Brass under cap and second option was Jets. Then McPhee swooped in as a 3rd team and ate half of his salary to keep him in the East. Is that how it went? That's quite prophetic stuff if so.
Wonder what Jets were offering.

If anything McPhee made the Jets better by helping Brassard get traded to the Pens, as they immediately turned around and traded for Stastny, who performed far better than Brassard in the playoffs.

Brassard was probably their #1 target because, unlike Stastny, he's signed for an extra year at only 3M in salary, which makes him valuable to a team with an internal cap.

If I had to guess what would have been coming back to the Sens from the Jets, probably their 1st+Comrie+maybe more.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Maybe he doesn't want to work under a 32YR old new-age advanced stats warrior.

Don't know too mucb about Hunter, but there might be a clash in styles there.

This would be my guess. I've met him briefly a couple times, and although I don't know him at all, he's a real powerful intimidating guy in person. There's no way I could see him taking marching orders from a 32 year old.

Reactions: Cosmix

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
If anything McPhee made the Jets better by helping Brassard get traded to the Pens, as they immediately turned around and traded for Stastny, who performed far better than Brassard in the playoffs.

Eh, it's hard to say how well Brassard might have done if he hadn't been playing hurt throughout the playoffs on the 3rd line in Pittsburgh, instead of healthy on the 2nd line in Winnipeg.

It's all speculation at this point.

Reactions: Micklebot

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
looks like Evander Kane is going to sign a 7x7 with the Sharks. Stone should be close to 8AAV. Duchene as well. If Evander Kane rates 7 both those guys are 8+... Kane is a UFA but still

Sabres get a 2019 1st

Last edited:

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Evander Kane has hit 50 points twice in his career and he gets 7 years, 49M.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Fine, Vegas has more playoff wins in a single year than Toronto has in a single year in their entire existence. The Leafs have only won 11 games as their most in a single playoff year
But if you say « has » it should be followed with « its », not « their ».

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
But if you say « has » it should be followed with « its », not « their ».
giphy-1.gif

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Evander Kane has hit 50 points twice in his career and he gets 7 years, 49M.

Not to mention he's injury prone, has attitude issues, and is one-dimensional.

One of the worst contracts I've seen in years. Far too much money for far too much term.

And they gave up their 2019 1st to Buffalo instead of their 2019 2nd to sign him to that deal :laugh:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Why leave Toronto now though? I guess maybe they've already approached him and it's pretty much a sure thing?

Perhaps there was a little more to that Babcock apology tour than what the media knows....

Seems to be a lot of storms brewing behind the scenes.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Good job Sharks setting the bar so much higher than it should be for signing every other forward in the NHL.

$7m/year for a player that has hit 50 points once and has major attitude problems. Yep, good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad