Around the NHL XXXIII - looking forward to 2018 offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Ya..."one line team" isn't what comes to mind when thinking of Tampa. They have 9 guys on their roster with 10+ points on the year. I hope they cool down a bit before the Sens see them just before Christmas because their team right now is scary.

They are being propelled by lucky hot streaks from Stamkos and Kucherov and Namestnikov. Literally not scared by anyone on their team outisde of them and Hedman

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Would look awesome in our hole we have in the top 6 right now because we made that mistake

I love zibanejad but I was hoping for couturier when he was available too. He has 19pts in 16gp now. 10goals.
Hoff-Couturier-Mantha (qmjhl line)

Oh well

Mantha is a dog, he would completely bust on our team. Detroit is playing for nothing, he's a Vanek type who won't show up when it counts.

Couturier is on a lucky streak right now but is not close to Zibanejad offensivelyt

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Wasn't Bennett the one who couldn't do a single chin-up? Now he looks like he filled in quite a bit. Is it possible he put on too much weight and no longer has that extra gear (haven't watched him at all this year).

Yup he got a lot of attention because of that... I'm not sure how much it really matters... re: Casey Mittelstadt just went thru that too...
When Gary Roberts showed up for his first training camp in Calgary, he was able to do two chin-ups.
A lot of people are questioning what's going on with Bennett... He has never been a soft player in junior or when he broke in.. he plays with an edge.
However, that pull-up wasn’t because of nothing – he had a shoulder injury and required surgery. So he missed almost the entire 2014-15 season, except for the very last game of the regular season and picked up an assist. That year, the Calgary Flames made the playoffs for the first time in six years and Sam Bennett made that playoff lineup. In his first ever Stanley Cup playoffs and basically his first few games at the pro level, he had one goal and four points in 11 playoff games. And he looked like a natural out there.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
What's funny? Who else does Tampa have? They are the definition of a one line, one pairing team right now. Tyler Johnson is their second line Centre lol

Nah actually he's their third line C right now, Point (who is PPG) is the 2nd line center.
How you can call one of the deepest offensive teams in the league a "one line team" is beyond me, you are hilarious. Thank you for providing us with this valuable entertainment.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Nah actually he's their third line C right now, Point (who is PPG) is the 2nd line center.
How you can call one of the deepest offensive teams in the league a "one line team" is beyond me, you are hilarious. Thank you for providing us with this valuable entertainment.
I personally think ottawa is far deeper

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
MOD WARNING:

Keep the posts on topic. Personal attacks will result in infractions regardless of who started it.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
I loved how after the Sam Bennett pull-up thing, Spezza called him up and told him not to sweat it etc. Good to see camaraderie for guys who aren't even on your team. IMO it's only a matter of time until Bennett figures it out. It's a huge positive that at least while he's not producing points he can still be physical and play with an edge.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
That franchise is outstanding at drafting.

I don't even think it's particularly close right now, they're far and away the best. It was scary last year it felt like half the Canadian WJC team was drafted to Tampa. Wouldn't be shocked to see Raddysh captain them this year. Not to mention their trading has been A+++++ under Yzerman.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Tampa will probably need to trade Killorn and/or Johnson to make room for resigning Kucherov, Sergachev, Namestnikov and Point though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad