Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
giphy.gif

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
I have been way out of the loop for a while now.

Did something happen in regards to the Lebreton project?

Last I heard we shouldn't expect an update until at least December and more likely 2018, but I'm no official source. As I understand it the lawyers and accountants are doing their thing right now.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
AFAIK the Council vote Cherry was referring to will be about whether to give Senators money for the site contamination cleanup. Something to the tune of $25M I believe.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Last I heard we shouldn't expect an update until at least December and more likely 2018, but I'm no official source. As I understand it the lawyers and accountants are doing their thing right now.
I think the Russians are feeding us disinformation on this ... Melnyk has enemies

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
If it comes to the Sens filling the house or relocating the team, Ottawa will step up. One add on the Citizen headlining "Support your team or its gone" you will see huge spike in season ticket sales some rich people will probably buy a bunch of them and give them away. Fear sells.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
If it comes to the Sens filling the house or relocating the team, Ottawa will step up. One add on the Citizen headlining "Support your team or its gone" you will see huge spike in season ticket sales some rich people will probably buy a bunch of them and give them away. Fear sells.

I'm not so sure that works. I don't believe we're in any real danger either. It's not a good look to have so many empty seats but amping up the fear with "fans better show up or we'll lose the team!" sounds like something that won't work and something that might even backfire.

It gets re-hashed a million times but some reasons why our attendance is a problem relative to other Canadian markets and the gigantic metropolises of the US:

Our corporate base is much smaller than every other city, we're the capital and the largest employer is obviously the federal government which will never buy tickets to entertain guests/clients. This is the same federal government that cuts back on coffee. If you visit government offices for a meeting - some departments can't even offer something basic like coffee. I've been told point blank by some public servants they were embarrassed they couldn't offer coffee or a meal in house. These are people who have traveled to conferences in the US, Japan, China, European capitals where they were treated like guests and taken out to dinner, etc... In Ottawa it's on the personal dime of the public servants or the people visiting.

The arena is in a good location for one part of the city but a bad location for 2/3rds of the city and for fans living across the border in Quebec.

The team itself hasn't had sustained success. It feels like we're trapped in mediocrity. That's the feel you get when you talk to people. We miss the playoffs, we make it, we miss, we make it.

The move to LeBreton Flats has some people holding off. "I'll just save my money now and go when we get the downtown arena".

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Odd how attendance went down significantly more than any other time in franchise history as soon as Eugene won the Lebreton Flats bid. Also odd how most of the empty seats, like in this year's playoffs, were the cheapest seats in the building.

There wouldn't be any reason the Senators might be sandbagging attendance for political purposes, would there?

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Shhhhh!!! Karma, man, now they're gonna score 17 against us as we adjust to daylight losings time!

I was literally worrying about the karma aspect posting that. Now I just woke up from a dream that Tampa was beating us like 10-3. Being a fan of a sports team is such psychological burden it's sometimes hard to figure out why anyone bothers

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Turris with 2 points already. He's gonna slay with Nashville. What a huge addition to an already great team.
Yeah give them the cup, other team has no chance against them, they are just to damn strong :rolleyes:

Now everytime that Turris scores or go walk his dog, or goes take a dump we will all know about it, and the same posters will complain about the trade and we should have kept Turris instead and how wonderful the Predators are and yaddy, yaddy, yadda, its so annoying!!! I wish i could block every posts that contain the name Turris fron now on :)

Last edited:

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Yeah give them the cup, other team has no chance against them, they are just to damn strong :rolleyes:

Now everytime that Turris scores or go walk his dog, or goes take a dump we will all know about it, and the same posters will complain about the trade and we should have kept Turris instead and how wonderful the Predators are and yaddy, yaddy, yadda, its so annoying!!! I wish i could block every posts that contain the name Turris fron now on :)

I think a lot of us are turris fans and like the updates on his progress over there. He was a major part of our team for close to six years, involved in the community, loved in the locker room, and a fan favourite. Sure, some people are going to be salty about the trade. I didn't like the trade myself. That doesn't mean we can't be happy about him finding success elsewhere, especially on the other half of the senapred alliance

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I think a lot of us are turris fans and like the updates on his progress over there. He was a major part of our team for close to six years, involved in the community, loved in the locker room, and a fan favourite. Sure, some people are going to be salty about the trade. I didn't like the trade myself. That doesn't mean we can't be happy about him finding success elsewhere, especially on the other half of the senapred alliance
I get that but for me I don't have any interest in knowing how Turris does, who cares he's a not a Sens anymore. I prefer focusing on the Sens and the player we have here, I prefer to live in the present not the past, Im cheering for the logo in the front not the name on the back, but im gonna have to deal with the daily updates about the Predators and Turris and how good they are :confused:

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
I'm a fan of the Sens primarily, but I'm also a fan of the NHL in general, so I follow the stories of other teams throughout the season. You miss out on 30 other stories if you solely dedicate your time to the Sens.

Turris scoring in his first game is notable, and acknowledging it isn't "living in the past". There is no reason I can't be both happy for Turris and happy for us acquiring Duchene.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Odd how attendance went down significantly more than any other time in franchise history as soon as Eugene won the Lebreton Flats bid. Also odd how most of the empty seats, like in this year's playoffs, were the cheapest seats in the building.

There wouldn't be any reason the Senators might be sandbagging attendance for political purposes, would there?

Melnyck in his first press conference about Lebreton announced his building was old, past its prime by 5 years and no one wants to go to it, good sell job on Lebreton (which doesn’t exist yet) by ripping apart the building you currently own and expect fans to pay money to go to.

Melnyck is his own worse enemy, literally works against his own interests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad