Around The NHL XXII: President's Trophy Race (Mod Post 685)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
OTT wins but so does boston. terrible goal on FLA with a minute left in the 3rd.

Tampa lost to the toronto "can only beat ottawa and no one else" maple laffs. That's interesting.

JT Miller almost gets his head taken off, Miller for detroit almost lost an eye.....not a good night to be a Miller.

Last edited:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
http://www.hockey-reference.com/friv/playoff_prob.cgi

Not that this is some kind of proof, but day in and day out, we have the best chance to win the Cup based on 1,000 computer probabilities. We've been consistently at 100% to win the division for about a week, have an over 80% chance of winning the conference.

If you do some math on your own based on the percentages other teams have to win their own conference and how many points/games they presently have, you'll see that there's also a nearly 80% chance that either the Rangers or Anaheim win the President's Trophy, and the Rangers should be ahead since 2 extra games is more valuable than 2 extra points when you are holding the tie-breaker seeing as the Rangers are a better than a .500 team and they'd need to win 1 out of 2 games.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
OTT wins but so does boston. terrible goal on FLA with a minute left in the 3rd.

Tampa lost to the toronto "can only beat ottawa and no one else" maple laffs. That's interesting.

JT Miller almost gets his head taken off, Miller for detroit almost lost an eye.....not a good night to be a Miller.

Hopefully Ryan Miller is ok.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Boston Caps Sens can end up in pretty much any order. Could be very favorable or very problematic for Rangers and Habs depending on where everyone falls. 1st 2nd and WCs are completely up in the air. I don't like this.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Boston Caps Sens can end up in pretty much any order. Could be very favorable or very problematic for Rangers and Habs depending on where everyone falls. 1st 2nd and WCs are completely up in the air. I don't like this.

Caps are only 1 point behind the Isles and Pens...I was just looking at the standings today and there's really a ton of room for movement left. Boston could overtake Detroit as well if they continue to struggle.

Pretty happy the Rangers aren't scrapping to get into the postseason this year

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
http://www.hockey-reference.com/friv/playoff_prob.cgi

Not that this is some kind of proof, but day in and day out, we have the best chance to win the Cup based on 1,000 computer probabilities. We've been consistently at 100% to win the division for about a week, have an over 80% chance of winning the conference.

If you do some math on your own based on the percentages other teams have to win their own conference and how many points/games they presently have, you'll see that there's also a nearly 80% chance that either the Rangers or Anaheim win the President's Trophy, and the Rangers should be ahead since 2 extra games is more valuable than 2 extra points when you are holding the tie-breaker seeing as the Rangers are a better than a .500 team and they'd need to win 1 out of 2 games.

Hockey Reference 11%

Club stats has us tops at 18.6% probability to win the cup:
http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html

Second favorite is the Tampa Bay Lightning (12.7%) and third is Chicago (8.1%). They run millions of simulations

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Flyers Penguins are always my favorite games without the Rangers. Philly always plays those like it's their Stanley Cup.

YetAnotherNorwegian

Nov 1, 2010
I haven't seen many of Pens games, so I'm sorry if I'm late to the party on this one, but holy crap those goalie pads look horrible. Looks like he's wearing two discolored inflatable bananas on his legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad