NHL Around the NHL - Washington hoists the Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
I have issues with the format BUT with the unbalanced schedule how do you fix it???

The obvious solution would be to take the Top 4 from each division and scrap the wild card - then you would have had

ATLANTIC
Tampa vs Florida
Boston vs Toronto

METRO
Washington vs Columbus
Pittsburgh vs Philly

Florida in - New Jersey out

CENTRAL
Nashville vs Colorado
Winnipeg vs Minnesota

PACIFIC
Vegas vs LAK
Anaheim vs San Jose

No changes

:dunno:

I like the old 1-8 conference format where the division winners are seeded #1 and #2 and then the next 6 teams with the most points. The matchups in the East would look like this:

#1 TB vs #8 NJ
#2 WAS vs #7 COB
#3 BOS vs #6 PHI
#4 TOR vs #5 PIT

Reactions: KrejciMVP

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Nothing like a goalie controversy n the playoffs.
if that guy wasn't so deep in the Bruins heads he wouldn't have a fraction of the hype he gets around the league. It was infuriating to me a couple years ago when Holtby was getting Vezina buzz while Rask was getting called out for "having a down year" despite them having almost identical stats.

Really wish the Bruins would figure out that he's human already.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Just letting you guys/gals know, HF Hawks is doing a playoff bandwagon draft thread (an idea stolen from HF Canes doing it in years past), and it's currently Boston's turn. So you guys can debate who you'd like to get or one of you can just go into the thread and say the name of an available poster, I don't care either way. Good luck!

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...y-original-idea.2475841/page-2#post-144313839

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Reactions: sooshii

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
It's such an honor to be selected for your bandwagon. You, Tampa, and the Knights are who I was really hoping for.

The Bruins have my favorite non Hawks jersey, you have Bergeron who plays like Toews if Toews wasn't currently playing like he was broken, and you guys have Wingels. Just a lot to like. Plus I felt bad about 2013, and would love for you guys to get a cup this year!

I'll try posting here quite a bit. Watch some of the games (or at least the highlights). Might also change my avatar too.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
It's such an honor to be selected for your bandwagon. You, Tampa, and the Knights are who I was really hoping for.

The Bruins have my favorite non Hawks jersey, you have Bergeron who plays like Toews if Toews wasn't currently playing like he was broken, and you guys have Wingels. Just a lot to like. Plus I felt bad about 2013, and would love for you guys to get a cup this year!

I'll try posting here quite a bit. Watch some of the games (or at least the highlights). Might also change my avatar too.
*uses brain bleach to erase 2013 memories*

Ahem. Welcome!! :laugh:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Welcome to the zoo where anything can and usually does happen lol

Reactions: CallMeShaft
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad