Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-5-28_12-5-36.png

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Love the update

My assessment if I had the future of earth in the balance based on picking the winner

1. REST

The delay gave Washington likely all they needed and Vegas used it well in prior series - it may even work for Washington as they at least played in the last week and Vegas has had time to realize what just happened these past 11 months

EVEN

2. GOALIES

Fleury has been spectacular but Holtby has both reputation and 2 back to back shutouts in do or die. Holtby as of today has talent and confidence

EVEN

3. COACHING

Gallant probably should get the Coach-of-the-Past-100-Years Award but Trotz is calm, smart, and a winning guy. They are both in great hands.

EVEN

4. TALENT

I been waiting for Vegas to fall back to earth since game 2 after they started 1-0. I picked against them the next 81 games figuring Law of Avwrages with a miss mash lineup. I picked against them in all 3 serries starting in a money pool with 50 guys when I took LA (thanks Doughty:laugh:)

I watched Reilly Smith here and Colin Miller and overall had a pretty good opinion going in on every player on Vegas. They on preseason paper were a 50-60 Point team.

The Caps have Kuznetsov, Ovie, Backstrom, Oshie, Carlson, Orlov and lots of grit and character guys.

WASHINGTON

5. BELIEF

Vegas for the first time has run into a team that believes in this as much as them.

EVEN

The clock strikes midnight for Cinderella or does it? Is anyone even aware in Vegas when it turns midnight?

It’s a great story and if Vegas wins it’s the ultimate about teamwork, believing, and the sum of the parts greater than the hole and everyone pulling in the right direction.

Anything is Possible would apply and would and should transcend sports

I’m a believer who would 90% of the time he on board for Vegas and the story but there is something about the Caps as well almost as interesting

I put my 0-85 Vegas record on the line against the ‘Caps won’t make the playoffs’

Pick: Washington in 6

Well thought out analysis. I'm more in favor of the Caps since their fan base is more of a hockey background vs. an artificial fanbase that wouldn't have cared about hockey if not for the VGK. I suppose that you could say the same thing about the Caps 30 years or so ago but something about Vegas winning a cup in their first year bothers me and I can't really put a finger on why other than I just don't like Las Vegas.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Well thought out analysis. I'm more in favor of the Caps since their fan base is more of a hockey background vs. an artificial fanbase that wouldn't have cared about hockey if not for the VGK. I suppose that you could say the same thing about the Caps 30 years or so ago but something about Vegas winning a cup in their first year bothers me and I can't really put a finger on why other than I just don't like Las Vegas.

Vegas has been one of the better hockey TV markets even before getting a team. The ECHL team was supported well enough and only had to leave because of the arena issue, not an attendance one.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Vegas in 7

MAF gets hurt game 6. Subban forced to start game 7. Caps up 2-1 late 3rd, Colin Miller blasts a rocket top corner sends to OT. In Ot, subban corrals puck, feeds Chiller who hits Reilly Smith in stride, breakaway and he wins the game.

Smith from Chiller and Subban.

Hf becomes the best summer reading since Peter Benchleys Jaws was published.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

I guess we should have seen this coming

I should also point out that the original Knight Rider pilot episode was set in Las Vegas. (Hey, I was an 80s kid, Knight Rider was super cool!!)

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad