NHL Around the NHL - Washington hoists the Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Should be Boston-Vegas finals.
Not gonna lie, still pissed we didnt make it. I am still pissed we didnt get by Tampa.
I still take it all back to that last game of the season where we couldve drawn Jersey in round 1

So was i but minus Carlo and just too banged up all over, i got over that defeat pretty quickly.

Reactions: Jdavidev

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Should be Boston-Vegas finals.
Not gonna lie, still pissed we didnt make it. I am still pissed we didnt get by Tampa.
I still take it all back to that last game of the season where we couldve drawn Jersey in round 1

I wish we had the chance.... as the officiating dictated the outcome of our series with Tampa far too often.

That being said, I really do not see us getting by the Caps if we beat Tampa.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
As disappointing as the Bruins play against Tampa was, they still didn't come out and put up no goals back to back in series clinching games. You want to talk about a choke job. Tampa is up 3-2 in the series and they post no goals the rest of the way. Wow.

Pretty incredible considering TB led the league in offense this year with 296 goals, by a considerable margin (+19 over 2nd place TO and Winnipeg at 277).

They said on Sportsnet they didn't score a goal in the last 158 minutes of the series.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Pretty incredible considering TB led the league in offense this year with 296 goals, by a considerable margin (+19 over 2nd place TO and Winnipeg at 277).

They said on Sportsnet they didn't score a goal in the last 158 minutes of the series.

When you factor in that it happened against one of the all time greatest choking teams in NHL history, it's pretty amazing. When Tampa went up 3-2 in the series, I think everyone assumed it was over, including Tampa.

Reactions: BruinDust

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
When you factor in that it happened against one of the all time greatest choking teams in NHL history, it's pretty amazing. When Tampa went up 3-2 in the series, I think everyone assumed it was over, including Tampa.

Honestly, I didn’t. Got a different vibe from this Caps team after they took out PIT.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
7x7 and a NTC for 40 points a year, a locker room distraction and one of the poster kids of "all the potential, no results"
I think the locker room distraction thing is wildly overblown. San Jose's willingness to give him this deal just goes to show they think he's a great fit there and loved by the team.

But that money for a 40-something point winger is crazy.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
As disappointing as the Bruins play against Tampa was, they still didn't come out and put up no goals back to back in series clinching games. You want to talk about a choke job. Tampa is up 3-2 in the series and they post no goals the rest of the way. Wow.

So I guess the B's shouldn't try to model themselves after TB.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Honestly, I'm happy for Ovechkin. As neat of a story as Vegas is, I hope Ovechkin finally gets one.

I hate Ovie, that dirty rat. He's like Crosby, he gets away with cheap shots, elbows, forearms, boarding, etc. because he's "Ovie." I lost whatever respect I had for that ahole after he deliberately knocked Carlo out last season. I hope Vegas makes the Caps look like weenies :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad