Around the NHL Thread - The Amount of Drafts in July is TOO DAMN HIGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
Very bitter.
People watch to see the best players play the game. If you think the teams and the fans are in this together on a special quest for the cup, I'm sorry for you. It absolutely is the WWE. Follow along if you want. A contract is guaranteed money. Write a letter to David Fehr and tell him you followed a long with a clipboard and made notes that these millionaires didn't live up to their contracts, didn't win enough games, enough rings, didn't hussle and can all go to hell.

You call it bitter, I call it responsible. The economy AND the culture are both in the shitter because the value of a dollar is being dictated by people with zero concept of actual value.

Watching the best players in a game is not the same thing as watching the best players in a game actually play like they are the best players in the game, which is what they are actually being paid to do. People don't strive for success in junior to be drafted into a travelling circus.

With out some metric of relative success, there would be no criteria upon which to even base a contract, or make a team for that matter. Statistics and success merit more money. As the saying goes, it's a business, not a charity.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Live shot of me, coming into this thread hoping to see a bunch of Eichel updates.

A96QJuu.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino